Genesis Silver A

Dave_C

TVWBB Fan
Somebody discarded this and I was lucky enough to rescue it! It was really dirty with lots of greasy sludge and apparently had not been used for some time. After some Serious clean up and paint I hooked a tank to it and it fired right up! 😃 My question is, should this model have casters in the front legs? And is there anything that can be done with the inside lid?
20A6C0A5-7BB2-4A4E-A281-0694FBAFF20E.jpegA6A8B287-057A-40BA-9480-59F9E4950F5D.jpeg
Thanks!!

What is going on with the inside of the lid -- can't really tell from the small picture.

If you are trying to remove flakey black carbon that looks like peeling paint, the razor scraper will remove that almost completely.

What is going on with the inside of the lid -- can't really tell from the small picture.

If you are trying to remove flakey black carbon that looks like peeling paint, the razor scraper will remove that almost completely.

The big circle You see had like big pieces of What seemed like flaking paint that came off. After that I just did a light cleaning with a scrubby !

Attachments

• B60D97CD-71C5-4E65-A0DB-A5DE70E4B9E5.jpeg
    B60D97CD-71C5-4E65-A0DB-A5DE70E4B9E5.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 10
The big circle You see had like big pieces of What seemed like flaking paint that came off. After that I just did a light cleaning with a scrubby !
After a closer look and the razor blade scraper, it is just carbon build up and it comes off! I thought I was making it worse with my initial attempt but apparently not! First timer mistake, Thanks for your help!!

After a closer look and the razor blade scraper, it is just carbon build up and it comes off! I thought I was making it worse with my initial attempt but apparently not! First timer mistake, Thanks for your help!!
Yep, it'll just scrap off. Straight razor, some Simple Green and a little elbow grease and it'll look new

Yah, I am pretty sure your grill should have caster wheels on the left side. Without them or some kind of extension, the girll is probably sitting pretty off level. I think the only Genesis grills that didn't have left side wheels were the Genesis 1-5 era grills back in the 80's.

The great thing about these old grills is that replacement parts are still available.

Check the details with your serial number, but one of these are probably your new casters:

Yah, it looked level to me, but I can't remember seeing any silver version grill not have casters.

My brother in law inherited a Silver A when he moved to his new house. Was just there this weekend and we were looking at refurbing the grill. It does not have casters on the left side, and the grill sits level.

Unfortunately, the white sticker with the serial # faded long ago, but best I can figure is that it’s about 20 years old. Looks identical to yours, though yours is in much better condition. Congrats!

Yah, it looked level to me, but I can't remember seeing any silver version grill not have casters.
[/QUOTE
My brother in law inherited a Silver A when he moved to his new house. Was just there this weekend and we were looking at refurbing the grill. It does not have casters on the left side, and the grill sits level.

Unfortunately, the white sticker with the serial # faded long ago, but best I can figure is that it’s about 20 years old. Looks identical to yours, though yours is in much better condition. Congrats!
yes it’s sitting very level! So I guess no casters required.
9367C556-5A4A-4EB5-94B4-139D4FAC0674.jpeg

I was actually thinking about that. I assumed it took casters and have already ordered some from Amazon. The order has free returns but I was considering making the exact modification you mentioned.

Back