Genesis S320 Freebie Question

Marty in Toronto

TVWBB Member
Hi - I just picked up a Genesis S320 freebie (someone on my street disposed of it). The bottom floor of the cabinet is entirely rotted out with the grease pan support just loosely hanging there. The burners are in good shape, the flavorizer bars are in good shape - it's missing the hose for gas and the igniter is pretty well shot.
The Weber logo is actually in better condition that the one on my existing S320.
I see (courtesy of Google) that the OEM part is $114 + tax + shipping.
Has anyone simply cut a piece of 3/4 inch plywood - given it a good coat of paint or varnish and used that in lieu of the OEM part for a cabinet floor?
It looks pretty simple to drill some holes around the circumference of the cabinet and use some long wood screws to secure the plywood.

The person who previously owned the grill took absolutely no care of it - the grease tray is overflowing with about 4" of crud and there's a ton of bird droppings on the exterior which leads me to believe it wasn't kept covered.

Marty: Check to see if the rust has impacted the tubes where the casters push in. If it has significantly, you face an uphill struggle. Search on Kyle in Woodstock. He fabricated wood sidepanels and bottom for a Genesis.

K now some questions (I have an S320 but it's packed away for the Summer ...I have a Napoleon Prestige 750 that I use for the Summer).
So I can't easily check mine... and there's no label on the inside of the doors - is this BBQ LP or NG???

This is what I see under where the manifold support bracket sits and I am wondering if there's something missing that screws into the manifold support bracket into that screw hole on the left.IMG_20200708_171139.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that thing is toast. There is no way to really tell since can't tell if the grill was LP or NG

save the entire sideburner unit and trim panel plus the metal crossover line that goes to the manifold. Casters and igniter too. That burner unit fits several Genesis models from 2007 thru 2010. I'm guessing it was a NG model since the previous owner probably didn't remove the tank scale for the inside of the cabinet. The missing fitting on the manifold is 1/8" NPT x 3/8" flare double male.

Last edited:
Look for the LP tank scale/holder on the upper part inside on the left of the cabinet. If there is no tank scale, it was likely a NG grill.
Also, look on that drip pan holder and see if the serial number sticker is on it. If so and you can read the serial number, you can use that to get the model, year and build info of the grill.

My wife is already complaining/worrying about getting rid of the carcass once I pick it clean.
Not sure about Canada, but around me there are several "scrappers" that will come out and pick up good metal for free. If there is aluminum and Stainless involved, it makes them very happy.

A bit of a long shot, but check out the side of the drip tray holder (hanging down). There may be remnants of the model and serial number on the label to help determine which gas it is.

Update - I disassembled the BBQ yesterday to scavenge some parts:
BBQ was Natural Gas - I found the label Bruce told me to search for.
I managed to salvage a set of burners, a set of flavorizer bars, all knobs, stainless rod grates, 3 casters (the fourth was missing chunks of the wheel), the cabinet door handles (the doors had lots of rust on the bottom) the right side control panel and the full left side burner shelf with the burner, braided feed hose and grate and the lid with handle.. The crossover tube was not salvageable it was fully rusted out.

I cut up the frame with my angle grinder and the pieces are now small enough that one will go in the trash per garbage pickup until everything is disposed of.
Knowing what I know now it was still worth rolling down my street even if all I was able to salvage were the burners, grates, flavorizer bars.

Thanks to all who replied.

Back