Genesis Lid Warranty Claim

daron_a

So Weber has switched to an outsourced customer service overseas.
I have a warranty claim on my 2012 purchased Genesis 310 and they are insisting that my brick red grill lid is actually espresso brown based on the serial number.

20220724_123001.jpg

I'm insisting that it's red. Not a fire engine red, but definitely a brick red.
I told them that I don't want a two tone grill and would like to get at least a discount on some matching doors if red is no longer an option.
They said they are sending the espresso brown and if it doesn't match to call them back.
This isn't the customer service I am accustomed to from Weber. I've only ever spoken to customer service in the U.S. and they have always seemed much more knowledgeable than this outsourced service. I've always raved about my service experience in the past and considered it one of the big advantages of owning a Weber. I sincerely hope they are correct and my red grill is actually espresso brown.
Anyone had any similar experiences?

Attachments

• IMG_20220726_164237_01.jpg
    IMG_20220726_164237_01.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
You would think that a photo of the lid and a photo of the serial number affixed to the grill would be enough proof for Weber. Sounds like a data problem on their end + an unwillingness to trust the customer. I guess you'll have to go through the motions and send them a photo of the new lid next to your red grill before they'll send you the right lid. :rolleyes:

Nope, that lid is definitely red. Outsourcing customer service probably isn't going to increase customer satisfaction. Ah well, let's see how many things they end up having to send you to fix the problem. Keep us posted!

If you brought the grill assembled it wouldn’t shock me if the lid didn’t match the bill of materials. Someone might have wanted a particular configuration and color and someone swapped lids and doors

Part of the purchase price is the warranty. Now, I've never bought a Weber new, and neither have I made any warranty claims on my secondhand grills. That's what I gave up buying them used. It is disappointing to see that for those who pay a premium (usually at least double or triple price) for new aren't feeling the value of the warranty.

Weber, you have made quality product in the past and have had anecdotally good warranty service. Please pay attention to your customers, or you will start to lose them no matter how many internets or smart technologies you force on or in your grills! Grilling is supposed to be fun, relaxing and the opposite of a hassle, know your audience!!

The replacement lid arrived today, and sure enough, the espresso brown they insisted I have isn't the same as the Brick Red that I insisted I have. I'm going to contact them again and send the pic BFletcher provided in this post (Thanks!) of the 2013 models and the Brick Red code. Hopefully that color is still available.

Attachments

• 20220916_141151.jpg
    20220916_141151.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 24
After contacting them about the color difference they now tell me that Brick Red is discontinued. They had never mentioned that before, they had just insisted that I had an Espresso Brown grill. The new lid also has a chip on the back. I am going to ask them for a set of matching doors, although I have pretty low expectations for that. This grill has a lot of life left to it and now it looks like a mismatch.

Attachments

• New  Lid Chip.jpg
    New Lid Chip.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 8
If I were in your shoes I would also ask if they would replace the doors. I'd definitely ask for a replacement of the replacement lid.

You will probably be told that they no longer have the Espresso Brown doors. I am surprised they give out anything other than black.

Back