Genesis II E-435 Tool Holder

Scott C.

TVWBB Super Fan
So I finally got the snow melted off the new E-435 and got a cook in last night. Really like this thing, but just wish I could hold a little higher temp with one end burner. But, that's another deal.

The one thing I would like to tackle is finding a better solution for a front facing tool holder, perhaps on the front of the left side table. I'm so accustomed to the tool holder on the front of my 4000, that it's just awkward having to do a reach around. I'm hoping to end up with something that looks as it if was factory. Before I blaze this trail, I figured I'd reach out to the pro's here to see if anyone has already tackled this?

I gave thought to trying to retrofit the piece from the Summit 470 left side table, but it seems those side tables are longer, so I doubt they will fit. Actually on edit, I checked and the post centers are 12-5/8" which is definitely too wide. Bummer. But, that's kind of the idea I'm shooting for. If anyone has and thoughts, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

BTW, I did stumble on a post a while back to get the Ikea stainless cooling racks, and those work really well, fwiw.

Very nice Jon. That first one is definitely right up there. For the cost, I'll just buy them and see how they look in person.

Hey Scott,
When you get them, report back to us what you think. If you do use them we would love to see pictures of them being put in and how they look when done.

On second thought, I think I'm liking the idea of something like the Summit version so that I have a spot to hang a towel too. I think I'll look through the parts book for some older models and see what I can find. But thank you just the same Jon. Whatever I come up with I will definitely share. Thanks.

Back