Genesis II E-335 question on high temps

MarcHershey

Hello. We purchased a Genesis II E-335 gas grill a few weeks ago at Costco. I'm having problems regulating the temperature...on preheat the grill is hitting 650-700. With all 3 burners on low (and the sear burner not turned on), the temp is running about 450. The only way I can get the grill down to 350-400 is to turn some burners off and/or open the lid. I called Weber customer service to see if they had any tips or suggestions & they told me that this isn't unusual because the Genesis grills run hotter and that I can try indirect grilling to get lower temp or switch the grill out for a Spirit which doesn't run as hot. I hung up feeling kinda skeptical about the response I was given. However, I am by no means a grill expert at all...does anyone have any experience/thoughts? Is this typical for this particular grill? Thank you!

All grills will run quite a bit hotter when brand new and "unseasoned". Once you've used it awhile and some carbon has built up which will soak up a lot of the reflected heat it will tend to run pretty hot.

Hello. We purchased a Genesis II E-335 gas grill a few weeks ago at Costco. I'm having problems regulating the temperature...on preheat the grill is hitting 650-700. With all 3 burners on low (and the sear burner not turned on), the temp is running about 450. The only way I can get the grill down to 350-400 is to turn some burners off and/or open the lid.

Hi Marc,

Your temps are similar to my 2016 E330 . With all burners (three plus sear) on preheat, the 2016 E330 will reach 450 to 500F in less than 10 mins and it will easily hit 600+ in 15 to 20 mins, and 450F with three burners on low sounds right.

Two outer burners on low runs about 375F. I cooked a veggie lasagna recently in this config.

Center burner on low runs at 275F ( no wind, temp in the 80s) I measured this last summer with a second ambient temp pit probe.

In summary, I think your grill is operating as it was designed to operate.

If you post what you are cooking, maybe we can offer some specific suggestions?

Same for my 2016-ish S-330 with the sear burner.

Once heated up, three main burners on low (and sear burner off) is 400-450F on the lid thermometer.

To get below that, I turn one burner off and open the lid for a 30-60 seconds to vent out some excess heat.

Yep, one burner on low in my grill Genesis 1000, will hold at about 240. Three on low would probably push 400. All four on high will hit 600.

Thank you everyone! So seems like it's operating as expected just not what I'm used to based on my old grill. :) I experimented with the new grill alot more this weekend and am figuring out how to get to the temps I need using your suggestions/experience.

Back