Genesis 2022 splurge!! E-435

After hesitating i finally splurged on a new Genesis E-435 and bought an additional crafted frame to be double crafty lol!!

Sits nicely alongside the other toys!! View attachment 56769View attachment 56770View attachment 56771View attachment 56772View attachment 56773
Looks great! I am watching for a gently used one, myself. In the meantime, I got a Crafted frame for my S-435 and realized the circle is GBS compatible, so my 12" Lodge skillet and 14" wok drop right in.

I have not seen that enameled griddle before. Is it from Weber or just a lucky fit?

Is there anything keeping you from turning the Crafted frames around so that the circle frame is closer to the front of the grill?

Gotcha. The pictures on the Weber site make it look like the frame is longer under the end that supports the enameled insert. It seems like it would be more convenient to put them at the rear, and have your griddle or sear grate closer to the front of the grill.

I know many of us fans of the "classic" old Weber Genesis grills have been a little put-off by the appearance of this newest Genesis. I myself am slowly warming to it, although I will always primarily be a fan of the original Genesis 1-5, x000 grills.

As far as the "Crafted Outdoor Kitchen" goes, sure you can call it a gimmick. No question you can get similar results with other means. Still, if you don't mind spending the money the setup Paul has is certainly really slick and I am sure will produce some great cooks. Looks awesome, Paul!

If you splurge for one of these new Genesis grills, I think you just need to think hard about having sheltered storage when not in use and be vigilant to head off any signs of rust. There is no question these are not built like the old Genesis "tank" grills.

Like a lot of other things today, these new grills are more complicated and less robust. I see that in that I bought a new Maytag dryer and a new Whirlpool gas range 13 months ago. The dryer broke within 3 months and the range just now - in 13 months. Both failed due to electronics, not "regular" parts. Whirlpool was nice enough to slide me in after my 12-month warranty had expired, but now both of these appliances are under extended warranties. Kind of annoys me that you pretty much now have to factor in the cost of a multi-year warranty (not long enough, either) when you determine the acquisition cost of a new appliance.

Same with these "techy" grills. Be sure to register and keep your receipt!

Yah, there is way more grill there than I would ever use or care to use really. I am much less complicated griller. But, for some of those that grill 300 days out of 365 and love to get fancy, I can see the legit draw.

As far as durability, I think Jon is right that you should be very careful how you maintain and store these grills with that kind of monetary investment. The real wear and tear on the grills will probably come between cooks.

Weber photos and reviews of that one show bare steel and sharp corners. Paul's photo shows rounded corners and appears to be enameled. I'm wondering if he found an alternative, or if Weber already released a new variant.
Huh… the one in the photos on the Weber site and in the reviews looks like it’s welded together using ~10 gauge steel. Paul’s looks like it’s a much thinner single-piece stamping. I’m wondering if they wanted to have the heavier material for heat retention, but then realized it was expensive and a compromised design.

@Paul Warner when you have a chance, please post some photos and your thoughts on the"garage" for storing grates and things.

I'm still very curious about that griddle, I'd prefer it over the bare steel one.

I know many of us fans of the "classic" old Weber Genesis grills have been a little put-off by the appearance of this newest Genesis. I myself am slowly warming to it, although I will always primarily be a fan of the original Genesis 1-5, x000 grills.

As far as the "Crafted Outdoor Kitchen" goes, sure you can call it a gimmick. No question you can get similar results with other means. Still, if you don't mind spending the money the setup Paul has is certainly really slick and I am sure will produce some great cooks. Looks awesome, Paul!

If you splurge for one of these new Genesis grills, I think you just need to think hard about having sheltered storage when not in use and be vigilant to head off any signs of rust. There is no question these are not built like the old Genesis "tank" grills.

Like a lot of other things today, these new grills are more complicated and less robust. I see that in that I bought a new Maytag dryer and a new Whirlpool gas range 13 months ago. The dryer broke within 3 months and the range just now - in 13 months. Both failed due to electronics, not "regular" parts. Whirlpool was nice enough to slide me in after my 12-month warranty had expired, but now both of these appliances are under extended warranties. Kind of annoys me that you pretty much now have to factor in the cost of a multi-year warranty (not long enough, either) when you determine the acquisition cost of a new appliance.

Same with these "techy" grills. Be sure to register and keep your receipt!
Jon, I love all your posts! I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of every part of the Genesis. So many of the grillers on here look back with nostalgia on the gas grills from the halcyon days but reality is a bit different.

I have had a number of Genesis grills that I have refurbished in recent times including several red heads, I enjoy bringing them back to life but just cannot bring myself to use them once pristine, weirdo I know lol! I’d rather see others enjoy and use a brand new one, even weirder!!

Hi, I can take more photos if required tomorrow, what is the bare steel one you mention?
This is the one I've seen online and in store.

Yours looks different, so I am curious about the model number. Also, wondered if you found a 3rd party griddle that fit.

Regarding the grate storage, I am curious how well it works and if they did something clever to store things without scratching up the paint and inviting rust.

Back