Genesis 2000 right side table addition? Add a Silver C side burner perhaps?

Tork T

TVWBB Member
Just tossing ideas around... My Genesis 2000 rehab is coming along, and I just picked up a nice Silver C that the serial number says is a 2003. I have the old 1000 LX that is a parts rig because the frame is pretty shot.

If I wanted a right side flip up side table on my Genesis 2000 could I use the hardware from the left side flip table on the 1000LX?

If I wanted a side burner on my Gen 2000 could I use the Silver C side burner? Not sure I could scavenge only the burner though...

The Silver C is in nice shape without rust. I just realized the fireboxes are more shallow than the early models. But the wire rack on the bottom is substantial! Anyone added a deep firebox to a Silver C?

Thanks again for help and guidance!

Attachments

• IMG_8393.JPG
    IMG_8393.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8389.JPG
    IMG_8389.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8391.JPG
    IMG_8391.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 31
Just tossing ideas around... My Genesis 2000 rehab is coming along, and I just picked up a nice Silver C that the serial number says is a 2003. I have the old 1000 LX that is a parts rig because the frame is pretty shot.

If I wanted a right side flip up side table on my Genesis 2000 could I use the hardware from the left side flip table on the 1000LX?
YES
If I wanted a side burner on my Gen 2000 could I use the Silver C side burner? Not sure I could scavenge only the burner though...
I believe so, but not positive. You would want the burner and the hose that connects to the manifold.
The Silver C is in nice shape without rust. I just realized the fireboxes are more shallow than the early models. But the wire rack on the bottom is substantial! Anyone added a deep firebox to a Silver C?
The frames on the two grills are not the same and without a lot of modification, it is not possible to use a deep 13 bar fire box on Silver B/C frame.

Thanks again for help and guidance!

The table support bracketry changed a lot between those models. Right off the bat, the right end cap on the 2000 doesn't have the provisions for the table axle like the left one does, and may not have the table support bracket on the right side of the frame that is on the left to support the table.
You just need an end cap identical (yellow circle) to the one on the left side to be able to install a right side swing table. I am 90% sure if you look at the frame, you will see the hole on the frame (blue arrow) for the pivot rod is there.
Then you just need the swing table with its associated hardware.
Untitled.jpg

I have a 2005 model with the condiment holder and all of the bracketry is there for a right side table, but yours doesn't from what I can see. But if Bruce says yes, I would go with what he says...

How would you go about it, Bruce?

Sorry, Bruce, I misspoke. I got mixed up between the Genesis 2000 and the Silver C and was thinking he wanted to put the table on the Silver C I re-read my post and deleted it, but obviously not quick enough!

You can swap parts. But there are limitations. If you want to use the side burner from the Silver C you need to have connection on the manifold. Also the Silver C side burner requires the plasic frame end piece from the Silver because it is mounted with clamps. The earlier x000 side burners were mounted differently.
the left side rail for the left side swing up table of the 1000 might work on the right side of the 2000 but you need to cut a notch in it because you need to mount it the other way round on the right side.

Also, and I've been wanting to say this for a while now, but you have both a red-color lid and a brick-color lid. If the red lids are called redheads, are the brick lids called brickheads?

I am pretty sure that is the case. I don't see one on the left side in the original picture of the grill.

Both the gen 2000 and the 1000lx have the slider hardware. So maybe a notch will be required....
Haha on the Brickhead!

Bruce- you’re right tho.... I haven’t finished the slats for the swing table so the pic doesn’t have slider installed. Good eye

Tork. They do make a slider specifically for the right hand side, but I think they only came on Genesis 4000 and 5000 models which are tough to find.

Tork. They do make a slider specifically for the right hand side, but I think they only came on Genesis 4000 and 5000 models which are tough to find.
I'd sure like to see one...how did they get around the propane tank?

Ed. yah, the system prior to the slider was the rod that went into a hole in the frame and a clip with hole on the back.

I believe it sits just to the left of the tank.

Correct. I added the slider bar to my Junior instead of using the original hole-in-the-frame system. The slider bar mounts in those holes and bows away from the frame to fit in the space between the tank support and the tank. If you swap a left-side slider bar onto the right, you'll have to cut a notch in it toward the front of the frame. The added benefit of doing that is that the existing notch operates to lock the swing table in the down position.

Z9qm5JhmipSCINWsOU6kZL57ToQqI0mSLDaliGmiZM8K8qXEqHxqCLOs6-Z-6Me3I-yjL88OY_64fqzQU3BDDBiJPgV7r4xLtPe1SHYXqFCpMgyomP_sBhl-LJp_d8wVTn6GrHnwEo8=w800

Thanks for the pic, Drew Z! I was just looking at my LH table while grilling some corn, trying to visualize the slide clearing the tank, but this makes it crystal clear. The holes are already all there on mine (a 1200 with durawood).

Great info! Thanks!!

Do you seasoned restoration artists paint the slider bar and hardware? Is there a trick to keeping the slider easy to slide? My extra slider on the 1000 LX doesn't like to move forward or backward when lifting or folding the table.

I'll consider the right hand flip up table for the 2000, but not sure I want to incorporate the needed plastic piece from the Silver onto the 2000 for the side burner. Maybe I can come up with a mount...

much appreciate everyone's help!

Tork, I would not paint the slide bar. It could result in paint that would peel or flake off that would gum it up. I simply cleaned mine up and then wiped down with a thin coating of vegetable oil. It was handy. Or you could use almost any kind of oil, even motor oil really. But, just use a real thin coating. It took three years for mine to start sticking again and a quick coating and it is back to almost not even realizing there is a slide bar there when raising and lowering the table.

Back