Gen 2 Performer Parts from Weber

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Just put a parts order in to Weber for a Gen 2 which a friend of mine brought to me to rehab. It was a mess should have started a thread on it on what I have done but he paid 100 and I would have passed but it is a blue with of course rust spots on the lid and bottom which on some sites are called warriors or whatever but it is what it is.

I don't think I will ever buy Weber parts from anyone but them not talking about cooking grates or stuff like that so I had priced the stuff I needed out talked to them a few weeks ago said I would be back when I had the final list.

Put my order in tonight called them I needed caps for the bottom support on the performer saw them on a few sites from 23 to 31 without shipping they sold them to me for 14 bucks a pair plus tax, needed a charcoal grate normally about 14 bucks they gave that to me for 7.84 with tax, needed baskets normally 19 bucks they sold me them for 9.38 with tax, casters u got no choice but to buy those from them 14 dollars and change so basically at list originally the order should have been 64 bucks they got it down to 49 bucks waived the shipping as I would have been over 50 but with their discount it went below that.

I have a lot of grills registered with them and bought multiple parts from them but really was impressed with what they did and they offered those discounts I did not ask for them. So this gen is going to come under budget of 220 with a set of stainless cooking grates from Amazon. I did ask the rep why does Weber not make stainless steel cooking grates for a kettle because I think the market could be quite large and they could easily get a premium price for them he did not know why but he says he passes those requests up the chain so maybe some day.

I have had similar good experiences with discounts given by Weber on various replacement parts followed up with quick shipment of orders. They are super easy to work with, which is one reason why they are such a great company and continue to get my business.

Back