Ga$oline Pri¢es

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
In Franklin, Wisconsin this morning at a local KwikTrip, regular unleaded is $1.79 a gallon.
Lowest fuel cost I’ve seen in a very long time!
Shoulda gone to Costco to fill up!

BDA936E6-3782-4BAF-B21D-5FD1F93A3486.jpeg

That’s awesome, Jim. Welp — time to drive up to Wisconsin from VA for gas. 🤪

I last filled up a couple of days ago and it was like $1.95 and has steadily been around that here.

Costco is currently $1.69, some stations as low as $1.61.
On the Illinois side of the Mighty Miss prices are as high as $2.30.

It's been quite a few years but I can remember when gas prices around Rockford were usually lower than Wisconsin prices. I'd visit my parents and fill up on my way home.

There's a Shell station at I-90 exit 163 (WI-59) and their 89 octane is only .07 more per gallon than their 87. That small of a gap is rare around here.

Still over $2.20 at pretty much every place around here, except Costco, which is $1.89. There usually isn't that big a difference.

I filled up at Sheetz Friday night for $1.80. Here in our part of NC, It has held pretty steady in the mid $1.80's range unless there's a hurricane in the gulf. Then it jumps from $1.85 up to $2.15 overnight. Then within a week or 2 it's back down in the $1.80's again.

Tim

Yeah I had to run to my brother's house yesterday. So I thought I would fill up the hybrid. After a week and a half of lots of driving little guy was down to just over 1/2 tank. Not wanting to waste time running up to Sam's or Costco just went to Circle K since it's right across from the Walgreens on Perryville here. Still paid $2.19 thinking it would be cheaper than doing it on the way to Mundelein. Well wouldn't you know all the way though Lake County well under $2.00! Oh well at least it only took 5 gallons. Gotta love 45mpg :D

Yeah I had to run to my brother's house yesterday. So I thought I would fill up the hybrid. After a week and a half of lots of driving little guy was down to just over 1/2 tank. Not wanting to waste time running up to Sam's or Costco just went to Circle K since it's right across from the Walgreens on Perryville here. Still paid $2.19 thinking it would be cheaper than doing it on the way to Mundelein. Well wouldn't you know all the way though Lake County well under $2.00! Oh well at least it only took 5 gallons. Gotta love 45mpg :D
2.03 at the shell by me in barrington but that was thursday.

I'm with you Brian_D, I pulled into a gas station in Newport Beach Ca. yesterday and it was $3.79 for regular.
I just drove thru that gas station and found one in Costa Mesa a few blocks away at $3.19 a gal.

The Kwik Trips that have 88 gas usually sell it for a nickel less than 87, too.

So did you pick up a delicious Cheese Mountain Pizza for the Packer game? ;)

Back