Full Size Griddle for Genesis 1000 ?

DannyG

TVWBB Pro
I think this has been discussed before but has anyone come across a full size griddle that will fit in a 1000?

I think there might be some that fit on one side but i cant seem to find a full size...

I think this has been discussed before but has anyone come across a full size griddle that will fit in a 1000?

I think there might be some that fit on one side but i cant seem to find a full size...
Danny,
Check out either the #7542 or the #7598 Griddles. Either will fit you 1000.

Jeff

Ok so the 7598 is on Amazon for 50 bucks. Its half size.

7598 Cast Iron Griddle for Weber Spirit 300 Series Grill, Reversible Grill Griddle Replacement for Weber Spirit ii E310 Spirit E-310 S-310 E-315 S-315 E-320 E-330 S-310 Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MQHN6ZH?tag=tvwb-20

The one R Chin linked above is a 6787 and looks like it will fit but its a tad small. Its also 200 bucks. I measured the 1000 cookbox and looks like I got about 17 1/2 x 23 3/4 and even that leaves a little wiggle room.

Heres a copy of the 6787 for 116 bucks. Looks like it would fit perfectly.

6787 Full Size Griddle with Handles for Weber Spirit I & II 300 Series, Flat Top Grill Insert Replacement for Weber GS4 Spirit 2 Grill Parts E310 E320 S310 S320, Non-stick Carbon Steel, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9X28Q54?tag=tvwb-20

Last edited:
QuliMetal Full Size Griddle Insert for Weber Spirit 300 & Spirit II 300 Grill, Genesis Silver/Gold B & C, Genesis 1000-3500, Flat Top Griddle Replaces Weber Spirit Griddle 7638 7639, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CP5XYSPS?tag=tvwb-20

I think it's available in SS or carbon non stick

Ohh nice I like the stainless. I saw some others that were stainless but people complained of warping.

Im thinking about the next project already ...

Oh no I didn't. Their grates have reviews like that also. I wonder if it's false reviews from competitors or they use to have poor quality control. Everything I have purchased from them has been very well made but hard to say 100%

Oh no I didn't. Their grates have reviews like that also. I wonder if it's false reviews from competitors or they use to have poor quality control. Everything I have purchased from them has been very well made but hard to say 100%

Ya who knows, might be worth a try, id like to try a full size griddle in a 1000

The thing with SS griddles is they have to be made thick enough. Sadly many companies because of how expensive SS is cheap out and make them too thin

The thing with SS griddles is they have to be made thick enough. Sadly many companies because of how expensive SS is cheap out and make them too thin

I see they make it in a non stick carbon steel too , that might be interesting. I think thats what Blackstone uses ?

I'd have to really wonder what "non stick carbon steel is". If it's some kind of coating I would not want it. If you look at commercial griddles that run hot and hard all day long, thick stainless. Indestructible

I'd have to really wonder what "non stick carbon steel is". If it's some kind of coating I would not want it. If you look at commercial griddles that run hot and hard all day long, thick stainless. Indestructible

Who knows. Thinking about it but not sure if I want to do a 100 dollar test.

But like I said, supposedly thats what a blackstone is. Its not cast iron, not stainless steel.

@DannyG
I might be overly cautious or paranoid and it may be for no reason but I worry putting a griddle over the entire Grill and trapping all of that heat in the cook box could cause possible warping or worse. It's just a thought and I have nothing to back it up but maybe something to think about.

Quite a while back I saw a free Weber that had grill grates brand grates in it and the cook box had a hole burned through the front. I know those grades don't let much through being nearly solid surface and maybe that's just coincidence but That's what made me think

@DannyG
I might be overly cautious or paranoid and it may be for no reason but I worry putting a griddle over the entire Grill and trapping all of that heat in the cook box could cause possible warping or worse. It's just a thought and I have nothing to back it up but maybe something to think about.

Yea I think if you dont go scorched earth on it , should be ok . Looks like they have some venting in the front and back as well. I would probably only use it for some philly steaks or to make some greasy burgers or vegetables or something. Wouldn't run it all day long.

My thought process was to put together another 1000 and have it set up as a griddle instead of switching back and forth.

Yea I think if you dont go scorched earth on it , should be ok . Looks like they have some venting in the front and back as well. I would probably only use it for some philly steaks or to make some greasy burgers or vegetables or something. Wouldn't run it all day long.

My thought process was to put together another 1000 and have it set up as a griddle instead of switching back and forth.
I can definitely see the benefits and it would be quite convenient to have a griddle

Back