Frog Legs

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

OK, before you all peel over in a pile of laughter, this is a serious question--really! Around Christmas I went back to Texas and visited my mom and sister outside of Fort Worth. One of the things I had to eat--hadn't had 'em in years--were deep fried frog legs. Went back an had them like three times while I was there.

I'm wondering if I could Q some up on the WSM? Anyone ever done it? Would they be better cooking at a higher temp?

My wife--a Portland, Oregon girl--doesn't want to have anything to do with 'em. I can't convince her they're really good.

Oh well, she doesn't like fried green tomatoes either and I still love her.

Thanks Howard. Any suggestions for time and temp?

Another incident remembered: Two summers ago I take my wife to Texas for the first time. We're seeing the sites somewhere outside Goliad and I see a place advertising alligator. Wy wife says something like, "Just keep drivin' and don't even think of turning in here!"

Yet, she'll eat sushi. Go figure. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Frog legs are so small and delicate, relatively speaking. I wouldn't think they would fare too well on the WSM. And for gator to be tender, it usually needs to be cut into small chunks. Again, I don't think smoking is the way to go. But that's just my opinion. Email me if you want some gator recipes.

Kyle I have a suggestion....

I don't know if you have it or not, but the book "Smoke and Spice" has an excellent recipe for smoked fried chicken. Chicken is smoked for a limited period of time on a smoker or grill (read WSM), then battered and fried. You get the fried chicken flavor with a smoke twist. I have done this and it is very good. This might work well with Frog Legs as well.

It is not as complicated as it sounds.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back