GONE: Free 2002 SS Genesis Gold lid

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
With one hinge broken.

Lid and liner are in great shape. It slipped while moving it and I broke the hinge off one end cap.

I'll ship for shipping costs plus $5 in gas money to drop it off.

Pics in a bit.

SS Is B condition.
Inner liner had no rust.

Funny thing is, I had a guy who bought one of my rehabs give me a call last week saying the grill tipped over in the wind and broke both hinges off the end caps on the Gold B. I have to get back with him and see what option he wants for me to fix it. But, the photo looks just like the ones he sent me of his grill.

IMG_20220420_101039.jpg

Thanks Dan, but I have a full lid with end caps. But they are in rough shape. They will need to be sand blasted and repainted.

That lid is in awfully nice shape. I'm going to tell you again Dan, you could be the king of old weber grill parts if you wanted to. You must live in that perfect spot in the country that has both good climate and lots of people! Please keep your eye open for a primo condition genesis 1000 control panel. I know I'm going to need one.

With one hinge broken.

Lid and liner are in great shape. It slipped while moving it and I broke the hinge off one end cap.

I'll ship for shipping costs plus $5 in gas money to drop it off.

Pics in a bit.

SS Is B condition.
Inner liner had no rust.
Hi, I will take this lid if it is still available. Thanks, Steve

The inside of my lid is pretty bad but the rest of it is like new. I would rather change the lid than replace the grill. Can you get a definite I am interested.
Ok, it is seriously too hot for the next 2 to 3 days to do anything outside. This weekend I'll pull it in and find a box and weigh it.

1662580937517.png

I've got the lid inside. What parts do you want?

Right side end cap hinge is broken.

I can send the center section and shipping will be less as the weight will be less. X

Hi Dan, I am still interested in that lid, Please get back to me. I also need a clean left leg for my 99 genesis 1000 if you have one. Thanks, Steve

It still has your name on it Stephen. Sorry life got busy. I'll try to get it packed up to ship.

Thanks Dan, I know how life gets. I just got over my second bout of Covid! There is no rush at this point. Do you think you might have that leg that I need?

Hi Dan, I am still interested in that lid, Please get back to me. I also need a clean left leg for my 99 genesis 1000 if you have one. Thanks, Steve
Somewhere I seem to recall reading that the left leg frame from an early (00-01) silver B would also fit the 1-1000 series Genesis without modification, except for removal of the folding table bracket. If so, a Spirit 700 or 900 left leg frame would also work.

Somewhere I seem to recall reading that the left leg frame from an early (00-01) silver B would also fit the 1-1000 series Genesis without modification, except for removal of the folding table bracket. If so, a Spirit 700 or 900 left leg frame would also work.
I combined parts from a 2000 silver B and a 1998 Genesis 1000. The parts circled in yellow are Silver B frame parts. The right hand frame and the left-to-right lower sections are Genesis 1000.

I may have an extra of the left side lower leg portion. I know I do not have any of the upper left side where the cook box attaches.

I think the left side is the same for 1000/2000/3000 and Silver B/C of that vintage.

2002 saw a change in the frames so the 2002+ frame parts will not work on a 1000

1670797290510.png

more here:

Thanks for the info, I am interested in that leg if you have it. I am planning to do a tear down and high heat powdercoat finish on that complete frame in the future.

Back