Found Another Freezer Surprise

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Was spelunking through one of the overstuffed freezers and found a spiral ham that was hiding out for the last eight months, time to cook that sucker.
Had Barb bring home a big yam and some more corn on the bone.
Fired up the Camp Chef yesterday and fed it some Weber apple pellets ran it at 275. also made a glaze for the ham which I added about 20 minutes before I pulled it
After 1 ½ hours fired up the E320 gasser and put the yam on.
After both the yam and the ham were done Barb cooked up the corn on the gasser while I got things set up in the wonderful air conditioned house. 101 in the back yard, Yuk.
Dinner came out great easy to do and very tasty. Plus all the leftover ham to make all kinds of yummy things.

Stay safe and stay cool.

101_5566.JPG

101_5575.JPG

101_5579.JPG

101_5583.JPG

101_5586.JPG

Yes please! I’d like a plate!

I found a chunk of spiral ham yesterday too! I took it out for lunch fixings this week!

Looks great. I like to cook one up and have sandwiches for days. Then a few more days. But the price is right.

Last edited:
I did a freezer inventory (the 2 in the garage) a month or so back. The struggle is keeping it accurate.

The lamb leg I was hoping to find wasn't there :(

I did a freezer inventory (the 2 in the garage) a month or so back. The struggle is keeping it accurate.

The lamb leg I was hoping to find wasn't there :(
Barb does an inventory at the first of every month on the two freezers in the garage and the one in the house along with the large pantry in the garage. You're right forgetting to remove items you have used is a problem.
We menu plan dinners every week so we know what we are going to have each night. If you go to get something out of the freezer to defrost for dinner and it's not there, it's a pain to reshuffle and find something else.

I see some ham sandwhiches in your near future. Must have mustard

49a88dac-6853-44de-a59c-df387094f101_1.581b5e456c1963ad3f3287de33ee1120.jpeg

Barb does an inventory at the first of every month on the two freezers in the garage and the one in the house along with the large pantry in the garage. You're right forgetting to remove items you have used is a problem.
We menu plan dinners every week so we know what we are going to have each night. If you go to get something out of the freezer to defrost for dinner and it's not there, it's a pain to reshuffle and find something else.
Rich, I know I have said this before, but honestly, you and Barb sound just like DH and myself. OK, lately it's only been maybe 2 or 3 days we wind up planning for. Can't see to get it together to do a whole week like we used to. And as much as we try, we cannot keep the freezer inventory updated ALL THE FREAKEN TIME!!!!! Ain't life grand? lol

Back