Flames from under flavorizer bars?

Brent Harris

I cleaned up an used Weber genesis e310, and replaces the flavorizer bars and grates. Since then I’ve noticed flames coming from under the flavorizer bars and they are occasionally fairly large flames. Didn’t know how to upload video to this thread, so I’ll link to the YouTube video below.

Any thoughts if this is bad or normal and how to fix if needed?

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/wcVMZj6JDsI

The flames are much larger and more yellow than you want to see.
Did you take a vid with the flavoizers removed? My first thought is
that something looks like it may be burning off of the underside of the
flavorizer bars. Second thought would be your fuel/air flow. Did you
happen to adjust the screens on the end of the burner tubes?
Is this a NG or propane grill?

I would say the flames are too high. Like Larry says, maybe some photos without the grates and flavorizer bars would help. Could be gunked up or rotten burners for one thing. Post a photo or video where we can easily see the burners lit up. That grill wasn't converted from Natural Gas to Propane, was it?

A yellow flame usually indicates that the burner is not getting enough air for complete combustion of the gas. You could try adjusting the burner’s air shutter(s) to admit more air, or check the burner tubes for spider webs etc? Just my 2c.

Those shutters don't magically go out of adjustment. So unless someone else who didn't know what they were doing played with them it's not the issue. However YES if not set correctly they can make flames become "orange" BUT unless allowing too much air they cannot change the "size" of the flame. That is set by gas flow not air flow. What is the history of the grill? Was it converted to different fuel type, what is the shape physically of the burners? Are the spider screens clean? My hair really stands up when people simply try to "adjust" a problem away

OK, how about this? These are brand new Hongso burners. Just lit them up. Thoughts appreciated. I did not touch pre-set air intakes. I did turn off LP tank, cleared it, and slowly re-engaged it. Fire still runs orange. I may run it awhile om High. Maybe it's the oils/solvents from mfg. process? Bad regulator?

Grill is a stock Silver B LP set-up, ran fine when I bought it before the rehab. Thanks.

t2LpoJv.jpg

Back