First time poster

Jabe G

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello everyone, first time poster here and also a new WSM owner. Picked up an 18.5 today for 279.00 and I'm ready to try it out. I've got a 10lb butt, apple wood chunks and rub all ready to go. I have really learned a lot from this great site and I'm going to break her in tomorrow, hopefully all will go well.:)

Good luck, Jabe. You've got an incredible smoker there; you will love it. I'm sure you've heard that we love photos!

And welcome!

Got her going early this morning and she's chugging right along at 250 degrees. I think I'm going to have to keep her. I took some photos when I started this morning and I'll take more as the day progresses. Thanks for the welcome.

Here is an update on my first cook. Everything went great, temperature was right on the money. I smoked it for 10 hours and pulled it off at 193 degrees. Let it rest for about 45 minutes then pulled it. It was fantastic, I knew it had to be good because my wife kept going mmmmmm all the while she was eating it. So guess it was a success. Now I'm hooked.:wsm:

Back