First time bbq owner from Switzerland

Hello John - I'm happy for you! Getting your first BBQ/Grill is always exciting. Good luck with your first few cooks. It's always fun to see what people are cooking in different parts of the world... Be sure to share some photos of your BBQ and ask questions if you need help with cooking ideas or maintance problems.

I almost decided to fly into Zurich instead of Munich when I visited Lindau Germany a couple of years ago (Lindau is on the far eastern corner of Lake Constance). I didn't get to see much because it was January and I was working too many hours but hopefully I'll have another opportunity to visit Europe on vacation... NOT work :)

Welcome to the forum John, glad you joined us. Very helpful people here and we all love pictures.

Hello John. Welcome to the forum. Acquiring any type of Weber grill is always a special day. You’re going to enjoy the heck out of it!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I still haven't decided, but I would like to grill either a ribeye steak or homemade burgers for a first go. I am looking at a lot of videos so perhaps for a first time I should go with burgers and see how it goes, I imagine a little bit less to go wrong with burgers than with a steak for a first timer.

Guys you might wonder about recepies or how we eat bbq here in Switzerland or Europe in general but having lived for few years in Amarillo, TX I can tell you the American bbq and way of grilling is far superior to how we grill things here. I tasted rare and medium rare meat first time in USA and I couldn't believe how wrong we are here in Europe to not eat it more often that way.

I sure will make some photos of some of the things I will do but I honestly doubt it will come anywhere near of the things you guys do over there.

I sure will make some photos of some of the things I will do but I honestly doubt it will come anywhere near of the things you guys do over there.

Don't sell yourself short. Cook often, post pics, get feedback, use some feedback ignore some feedback and cook more.

In the end you have the most to gain.

Back