first rotisserie cook

Jeff Davidson

TVWBB Super Fan
Order a cajun bandit rotisserie, I'm really impressed with the quality of the stainless steel ring. Also, chris worked with me on the shipping price and was quick to answer my questions. Terrific product and great company.

No reflection on the cajun product but I was pretty unimpressed by my first effort, a two chicken cook. Yes, it was absolutely delicious but I'm not sure it was any better than the chicken that comes out of our ronco rotisserie...and it was a whole lot more effort.

anyone else have both these devices and compare output?

first let me state that I have never used either product but have read numerous reviews of the Ronco rotisserie
and I imagine that if your rotisserie/grill chicken is as good, well that's not a bad thing.

Order a cajun bandit rotisserie, I'm really impressed with the quality of the stainless steel ring. Also, chris worked with me on the shipping price and was quick to answer my questions. Terrific product and great company.

No reflection on the cajun product but I was pretty unimpressed by my first effort, a two chicken cook. Yes, it was absolutely delicious but I'm not sure it was any better than the chicken that comes out of our ronco rotisserie...and it was a whole lot more effort.

I have the CB rotisse and the few cooks I've done have come out great. The rotiserrie works the way it should and I think it's a quality product.

Now given that, how in the world can you compare food cooked over coals and smoked to the food cooked in an electric oven? My folks have the Ronco unit and it works great, but there is a big flavor differerence. :confused: What smoke wood and how much did you use?

Last edited:
Yes, it was absolutely delicious but I'm not sure it was any better than the chicken that comes out of our ronco rotisserie...and it was a whole lot more effort.
But in the end you get to walk around with a giant pointy stick loaded with meat...let's see you do that with the Ronco!;)

I've never used the ronco but I have both the CB rotisserie and a weber ring. Both work great but the CB fit is perfect! Now, as for the comparison to the ronco, I can't see how a ronco chicken can compare to a chicken cooked over lump. But, that's why they make chevy and fords.

I too have the Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring. Chris is great to deal with. I like to brine my chicken before cooking. There are plenty of brine recipes just do a search and find something you like. I think you will be impressed with the results. Let us know how it turns out.

Back