First Project Weber Acquired. Can anyone tell me anything about this model?

MarkM

TVWBB Member
I've been searching for one of these for a few weeks and found this one, it was little more than I wanted to spend on a project, but the seller offered to deliver it, which was key for me as my car is small. All in all for $75 I am happy for a summer project!

My only major disappointment was that this has the Durawood, I wasn't aware until the seller arrived with the grill. I'll be replacing the Durawood with the 1"x2" Cedar boards.

The flavorizer bars all present and stainless steel, as are the grates. Fire box is in good shape.

The only issue is the bottom long frame rails, the connecting bolts are snapped off. I've done a little reading, but what is the easiest fix for these bolts? I am not flipping the grill, just looking for a neat backyard gasser to go with my Pellet Grill!

The seller said he bought this to rebuild and never got around to it. He stated that this grill originally had redwood planks and the woman he bought it from and purchased the Durawood as an upgrade.

Questions for you fine people:

1. Any info on what model and year this might be?
2. Can anyone link me to an upgraded propane tank hose connector?
3. Bottom Frame bolt fix, is there a forum census on the best/easiest method?

Thanks all! I appreciate any info :)

Attachments

• tempImagexPDOkI.png
    tempImagexPDOkI.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • tempImage6D6EZx.png
    tempImage6D6EZx.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • tempImage5HEhgT.png
    tempImage5HEhgT.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 63786B8F-7327-4C11-8DB3-9AEBB1531625_1_201_a.jpeg
    63786B8F-7327-4C11-8DB3-9AEBB1531625_1_201_a.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 41
  • tempImageU4BzzK.png
    tempImageU4BzzK.png
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • tempImageXB5XjR.png
    tempImageXB5XjR.png
    1 MB · Views: 51
Guessing early 1990's Genesis 1000. You want to use https://www.mcmaster.com/94290A550/ to fix the frame cross members. I used slightly different ones in this video where I had to cut out and replace a piece of frame, but the process is the same for your situation and you don't have to do any cutting. Also, you probably want to buy a new Acme (QCC1) connector for that regulator or just buy a new hose and regulator. That is the old style POL connector and will work on the modern tanks, but they are not convenient since you need a wrench to change out tanks.

Guessing early 1990's Genesis 1000. You want to use https://www.mcmaster.com/94290A550/ to fix the frame cross members. I used slightly different ones in this video where I had to cut out and replace a piece of frame, but the process is the same for your situation and you don't have to do any cutting. Also, you probably want to buy a new Acme (QCC1) connector for that regulator or just buy a new hose and regulator. That is the old style POL connector and will work on the modern tanks, but they are not convenient since you need a wrench to change out tanks.

Great info, thank you!

Is my current regulator missing something? On the back it’s kind of just open?

Attachments

• DC74F10E-708E-4932-86C2-E57F2E7DD21D.jpeg
    DC74F10E-708E-4932-86C2-E57F2E7DD21D.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 4
There should be a cap on there. Not really a big issue. It is just there to protect that adjusting knob. But, since you already need a new connector, I would just buy a new hose and regulator.

And I would add be very careful of the regulator you buy. Especially off Amazon lately. They have been selling some that were too high a pressure. The regulator should ideally be 11" WC (11 inches of water column). Also NOT an adjustable one. Those are meant for high pressure applications and are not stable at low pressures required by a grill

Update. Fire Box came out easy. Frame is bare, rust areas are ground, coated with rust converter and primed.

I am struggling to find a replacement Bruner tubes. The ones I have are fine, but the cross over tube is broken. Is it possible to buy just the cross over tube? Not my picture but I really only need the area in red.

Can anyone tell me the size of the bolts that hold the manifold to the firebox? I have to drill one out and would like to replace them with stainless.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 8.35.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 8.35.08 PM.png
    842.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.49.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.49.38 PM.png
    810.4 KB · Views: 29
  • tempImageJqyOog.png
    tempImageJqyOog.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • tempImageVYYgYI.png
    tempImageVYYgYI.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
those are 1/4" bolts x 2" long.

The whole set of burner tubes for a genesis 1000 used to be about $20. Just now looking, it looks like they are about double that. I don't even see an offering for just the crossover tube any longer. I am glad I stocked up an a few sets last fall.

Damn, 7506 is becoming extinct
those are 1/4" bolts x 2" long.

The whole set of burner tubes for a genesis 1000 used to be about $20. Just now looking, it looks like they are about double that. I don't even see an offering for just the crossover tube any longer. I am glad I stocked up an a few sets last fall

Yah, Flavo bars are the same way. It is making it tough to make a buck flipping them any more.

Is anyone making stainless bottom trays for these yet? Also, will 85897 tray fit the 1000?

Mark, are you asking about the grease tray that slides in under the cook box?

I think Weber part #85897 is for the Silver A grills and will NOT fit a Genesis 1000.

That’s a 2000, no? The wide body and the extra shelf on the right side.
sweet grill btw, and I like the durawood, easier maintenance!

Back