First Picanha OMG!

DuaneMac

TVWBB Pro
I’ve been lusting after this cut for a while. Thanks to Wild Fork, I was able to obtain one! I chose their Choice Black Angus. The flavor and tenderness were amazing!
I decided to use the rotisserie with one charcoal basket. I scored the fat cap and applied a liberal amount of S&P, that’s it. It was out of this world, we both said it was one of the best pieces of meat we’ve ever had! Made some Chimichurri too, great meal!

1CC2CF69-E2B7-480D-AA32-65A563783EC6.jpeg
F3CC6F63-51B2-41B1-B16E-1382357507F8.png
3EB78FAF-59B9-4A51-A28C-376B00EDB0B6.png
F63766E9-C208-4D5F-9997-0275404A5069.png
84D3CDD3-5A19-4C3C-90AE-6AF7D3E1DB15.png
B76EC145-E993-484F-8E47-C28140169BF5.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the Picanha Club, Duane! It's a winner every time, and WFF is a great source!

Picanha is one of the main reasons I got the rotisserie set up in my gasser!

R

I know right!!! I love Picanha!!! And your looks amazing!!! I just pulled a pork shoulder (from Wild Fork) from the freezer for Sunday night dinner, you have me second guessing that choice and have me thinking about putting it back in and pulling out the Picanha I have in there instead!

Edit: took it to a family vote, (I did not vote) 3 to 1, pulled pork over Picanha 😔.

Damnit! Now there’s one more project!
I’m running the butt anyway but, should I venture down that road at the same time?
Enablers!!!!

I have one for next week when my son comes for a visit. I hadn’t considered rotisserie cooking until your post. I’ve never cooked one before, just eaten them at Brazilian steakhouses. I’m very excited!

Spectacular! I picked up a couple at Costco a few weeks back but haven't gotten them out of the freezer yet.

Never heard of this before, but guess I will have to search some out.
Looks too good to not try!

They had it in Folsom Costco yesterday.
Minus their largest one. I claimed it. I asked the butcher if they’ll be standard items now and he replied yes. I told him I cooked some the other day and he asked how they were. I showed him my sliced one posted here. He said he’ll be buying and cooking one too as they looked great.

Back