First New Genesis Purchase: Genesis II SE-335

Tom Reed

TVWBB Member
Bought my first new Weber. Prior to this it’s been a mixture of secondhand and garbage picked grills. I had a Genesis II e-310 but wanted the sear and side burners.

I’m lucky enough to live near Ed Young’s actual store which has been a great resource for fixing up my Genesis x000 series grills. After reading posts here and checking out the build quality of the new Genesis line I talked to the assembler who said in his opinion the new Genesis is a great grill but he felt the Genesis II felt more solid to put together. With only the floor model SE-335 left I decided to go for it. Paid $1100 out the door and had it in my backyard two days later. First meal cooked on it was pork tenderloin and corn on the grates with salt potatoes on the side burner. Hoping this will last me a long long time.

I still have my trusty NG Genesis 1000 that was passed to me from my father, and another one in LP for the patio further back in the yard, but the new Genesis gives me something that my wife is comfortable with using and will work with all the new crafted accessories weber is putting out.

Attachments

• IMG_4865.jpeg
    IMG_4865.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 24
Bought my first new Weber. Prior to this it’s been a mixture of secondhand and garbage picked grills. I had a Genesis II e-310 but wanted the sear and side burners.

I’m lucky enough to live near Ed Young’s actual store which has been a great resource for fixing up my Genesis x000 series grills. After reading posts here and checking out the build quality of the new Genesis line I talked to the assembler who said in his opinion the new Genesis is a great grill but he felt the Genesis II felt more solid to put together. With only the floor model SE-335 left I decided to go for it. Paid $1100 out the door and had it in my backyard two days later. First meal cooked on it was pork tenderloin and corn on the grates with salt potatoes on the side burner. Hoping this will last me a long long time.

I still have my trusty NG Genesis 1000 that was passed to me from my father, and another one in LP for the patio further back in the yard, but the new Genesis gives me something that my wife is comfortable with using and will work with all the new crafted accessories weber is putting out.
I’ve had mine for a couple of years and have been very happy with it. The only add on I have bought was the full size griddle plate which is too cool. Hope you enjoy it.

I’ve had mine for a couple of years and have been very happy with it. The only add on I have bought was the full size griddle plate which is too cool. Hope you enjoy it.
Hoping to get the griddle when it’s back in stock, do you think it’s worth the premium over the 2/3 size one for the crafted insert?

Hoping to get the griddle when it’s back in stock, do you think it’s worth the premium over the 2/3 size one for the crafted insert?
Personally yes. It works great and replaces the grates. Advantage is, when needed, I can close the lid. The drain is in the right rear corner and uses the Genesis drain system.

Back