First cook on now

A Carty

I got an 18.5" a week ago and am doing my first cook now. The person I bought it from had it loaded with lump, so I'm burning that.

I put some baby back ribs on around 2, and I've been able to keep the temp around 225 even though it's been windy and a little chilly here in Toronto. About to take a look.

Looking forward to these guys let's hope they turn out!

After about 4 hours they're looking good. Wind died down and it's so much easier to control. Doing well on the bend test, threw some sauce on headed for the home stretch.

Just went from nervous to excited!!

Ribs should be just about ready. Through a pork shoulder on next time, easy to do and you can try an all day cook.

Make sure you post some pics in "The Photo Gallery" https://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Photo-Gallery . Otherwise, your cook did NOT happen ;)

Pre-sauced
Z6z5CyX.jpg

Done
V7D0Uei.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all. This forum was awesome for some tips before I got going so thanks for everyone being a part of the community. They were super fun to do and although I was sweating through the wind I just let them ride for a bit and it worked out. Definitely have the fever now. Will try a pork shoulder next and start to think about a brisket!!

Back