Fireboard 2 drive

Issom

TVWBB Fan
Hey guys thst use the WSM. I just ordered a Fireboard drive 2 and I already have a pit viper with the weber attachment. My question is with my bbq guru I got the pit to temp then turned on the controller and let it do its thing.
1. Do u get the pit to temp then turn on the fireboard?
2. For setting up the charcoal usually use minion method.. is there a better way? Snake... start coals on far side? Or just in top in thr middle.
3. How are u mounting ot to the WSM (the controler)
4. I'd like to be wireless so how is the battery and fan? And can I use USB power aswell

IMG_20221029_184203_278.jpg

I've always spread my coals out evenly on top, closed it up and let the controller do its thing. The controller is there to make my life easy. Now I have a damper also so that shuts air off completely. If you light too many coals and overshoot, without the ability to close the air off, it's very possible to have the temperature not come down.... The natural draft can be strong enough to keep the fire going at a higher temperature than you desire. In that case you would need to manipulate the vents to get the temperature to come down before you use your blower. If you are under the temperature you should not have a problem.

Last edited:
Hey guys thst use the WSM. I just ordered a Fireboard drive 2 and I already have a pit viper with the weber attachment. My question is with my bbq guru I got the pit to temp then turned on the controller and let it do its thing.
1. Do u get the pit to temp then turn on the fireboard?
2. For setting up the charcoal usually use minion method.. is there a better way? Snake... start coals on far side? Or just in top in thr middle.
3. How are u mounting ot to the WSM (the controler)
4. I'd like to be wireless so how is the battery and fan? And can I use USB power aswell

View attachment 61900
How has the Fireboard drive 2 been treating you? I just ordered one a couple days ago.

Back