FB Find: EX4 in NC, $500

Cee El

TVWBB Super Fan
This has been listed for a while now. It isn’t mine, but the price recently dropped again and thought someone here might be interested.

Seems like there must be something wrong with it to not be selling for that price. It looks like it was used a couple times and cleaned up well afterward.

Seems like there must be something wrong with it to not be selling for that price. It looks like it was used a couple times and cleaned up well afterward.
You may be right. It stayed at $600 for a while. It looks good, but it’s too far and I don’t have a truck. I just assumed they got frustrated.

Yah, there are still plenty of people out there struggling with those things. It seems Weber has come a long ways towards fixing their problems, but not for everyone.
I have heard this phrase a lot: "I really want to Love this thing".

Wow, not around me. I see several of EX4 for about $800 and the EX6 for $1000 but not much less.

There is an brand new EX6 in Atlanta for $600.
The smaller ones pop up for $500 pretty often. Usually they are new or at least unused...maybe it's people buying store returns and reselling them?

There is an brand new EX6 in Atlanta for $600.
The smaller ones pop up for $500 pretty often. Usually they are new or at least unused...maybe it's people buying store returns and reselling them?
When I worked at Lowe’s, if something like a nice grill came back, or a riding mower, etc. there was a process to determine if we were stuck with it or we could send it back to the manufacturer and let them deal with it. Sometimes you were stuck. I got an ivory Weber Spirit 2 burner once because the delivery guys decided it was a good idea to place it across from a large door on the truck. The strap slipped, the door dinged the grill and the owner obviously rejected it. It was a special order color so they had to reorder, assemble, and redeliver a new grill at a discount, so the dinged up one was reduced and placed on the sales floor. From time to time we’d get grills back after the usual grilling holidays because someone wanted to basically rent a grill then take it back before the 30 days were up. Mostly those grills went to associates who saw it come back and gamed a manager to look out for them so they could buy it. It may be different near Atlanta though.

So I actually talked to her about this one. She told me that she had to stop eating meat for some health reasons (sounds terrible to me). Same said it's not worth having for her husband to cook for one. Fwiw. I haven't seen many around here (Charlotte area).

I have been kicking the idea around but keep coming back to the summit charcoal/kamado. I really need both.

So I actually talked to her about this one. She told me that she had to stop eating meat for some health reasons (sounds terrible to me). Same said it's not worth having for her husband to cook for one. Fwiw. I haven't seen many around here (Charlotte area).

I have been kicking the idea around but keep coming back to the summit charcoal/kamado. I really need both.
There was a Summit Kamado at the end of March being sold near Rock Hill. I thought hard about it. Originally it was listed at like $800 then he dropped to $600 after a while. It would cost me $200 in U Haul fees to get it, so I never contacted him. This is the first Smokefire I’ve seen too, though. There’s a second one just listed for $600 in upstate SC now.

There was a Summit Kamado at the end of March being sold near Rock Hill. I thought hard about it. Originally it was listed at like $800 then he dropped to $600 after a while. It would cost me $200 in U Haul fees to get it, so I never contacted him. This is the first Smokefire I’ve seen too, though. There’s a second one just listed for $600 in upstate SC now.

With the right tools, I bet that Kamado would have fit in just about any vehicle!
I've certainly fit some pretty large grills in my wife's 2 door Accord before.

Oof. Probably for they best. I'm in between jobs right now (hopefully the one I'm working on now is going to work out) so that would have killed me to see. I have added kamado to my saved searches though... for the future. I figure it will be 6 months before we see more of them out there

I just tried the link above, and it is showing "not available any more". Hopefully someone on here got a good deal on a smokefire.
Tim

Back