Fan only comes on in manual mode with new install

Ernie I

Just assembled my heatermeter for its first use, and I know the fan works because on manual mode it blows and then stops when i turn it off. This just leaves the configuration in the web based Linkmeter page.

My understanding is that it should blow the fan when the pit is below the set temperature. For practice Ive set it slightly above room temperature and im warming the probes by hand to go above and below the set temp, but the fan does nothing.

Is there a way to designate one of the probes as the pit temp, and have the fan trigger from that? I suspect that is the part im missing since other probes might be set to measuring the actual meat and not be included in the fans behavior setting

thx

OK I see thats the job of Probe 0 the pit probe.

It looks like probes attached here arent working like for probes 1 , 2 and 3.

So not getting a reading here

Fixed! Left off the 10K resistor from 4th jack, accidently configured the thermocouple version and I forgot to add the 10k resistor near the 100k. Ive added the part, and now able to read pit temp, probe 0, the one the fan interacts with.

Nice job, Ernie! Sorry I did not respond but I am out oif town taking care of my parents. As you've discovered, the automatic control relies on "Probe 0" for the control temperature. You can however, use another probe as the control probe: HeaterMeter will use the first non-disabled probe as the control probe. In the webui, setting the probe type of Probe 0 to "Disabled" will fall back to using Probe 1 for control and so on down the line.

Back