Fair price for a 22.5"

k michalko

I need to free up some real estate in the backyard and now that I have a Primo for both grilling and smoking, it's time to sell my beloved WSM. It's three years old, no dents or dings, cover is still in good shape. One of my wife's friends is interested in it. What's a fair price? I'm not necessarily interested in getting the most I can, I just don't want to give it away. What do you all think?

Think about what your absolute minimum bottom dollar would be, and add 15-20% to it. So if $250 would be your bottom dollar, list it at somewhere in the neighborhood of $280-$300. That leaves room for negotiations and you still coming out ahead of your lowest price. Just clean it to look like new, price it aggressively, and bargaining won't be necessary.

I think general rule of thumb is 50% of new but since the 22's are not that old you could maybe get bit more. Up here they sell for $449.00 taxes of 13% so just over $500.00 I sold mine for $350.00 but delivered it 2 hours away.

Is the Primo that much better??

WSM's and 22's especially don't go on sale very often. I think 200-250 for a buddy is a fair price. I would ask 250-300+ for a stranger.

depending on how good a friend they are, $200 is a good price between friends and $300+ is a good price for strangers.

Several of the previous posts seem on the mark. I'd ask $200 and expect to get that with no haggling. Considering this is roughly half price of a new one, and if its in good condition, you have seasoned it in for them free!

Gary S: The Primo is fuel friendly...And steady temps. I own both of em. BUT i cant get the same smoke flavour in my Primo as i can with my WSM.

Mr. michalko: I would keep the WSM!

Thanks for all the input. Maybe I should do a few briskets before giving the old girl up. I love the Primo for grilling but I haven't yet done any low and slows with it. Gonna make a run to the store and brisket tomorrow!

Back