Recent $50 Q320 pickup

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
This big Q popped up on FB Marketplace last night. I don't see many of this model listed in my area, so I picked it up. At $50, I thought it would be a good grill to either clean up and sell or add this to my arsenal. Came with a Weber cover that's in ok condition, a pack of foil grease tray liners and set of bbq tools.

It's pretty dirty. Going to start by blasting it with a pressure washer. Then after it dries see what I have to work with. More than likely will be painting the lid.
The grates don't look great, but I think I can clean them up and oil them and use them for at least a little while.
I'll post up some more pictures as I get more into this one. It's been a long time since I've seen one of these in person, and dang....it's big. Lots of grilling real estate to work with and nice to have the raised shelf deal as an option too.
This one might be replacing my long standing Q200.

Last edited:
Kyle,
For 50 bucks it looks like you done good 😆 ! Even has the light if it still works or can be fixed.

I jumped from a Q200 to a 3200. While I liked the larger Q very much, I actually missed cooking on the 200. So, I sold my big Q and located a Q2200 that came with a stand that looks just like the 3200 had except removable. The big Q has a lot more power and obviously can handle more food. For whatever reason, I just liked how the mid-size one cooks better. ALL Q's are great grills! One of the best things Weber has produced in recent times.

Yah, I don't see a lot of reason to own the big Q3xx if you already have a Genesis. I have done several Q3xx rehabs and never saw fit to keep one for myself. I actually have two Q2xx grills that I use. One is on the back deck off the kitchen which gets a lot of use and one is in the garage with the Genesis. I find it a great side kick to do a seperate item at the same time as I am cooking something on the Genesis. For instance, I like to cook by steaks and other meat on the Genesis and then for the last few minutes, I can drop the Asparagus on the Q200 and they both get done at the same time and I can cook each at a different heat.
But, If I was a one grill guy, I don't think there is a better all around grill and simple and care free grill than the Q3xx.

The light actually does work! I cleaned it up and when I popped open the battery compartment there was no batteries in there and it didn't look like there had ever been batteries installed. Put three AAAs in there and it lit up!

After cleaning it a little, I do agree with you guys, probably a little too big as a secondary grill. Years ago for father's day I gave my dad a 2-burner Silver A with an enclosed cabinet....I think this might be a good replacement for that one this upcoming fathers day.

Last edited:
The hooks on the 3200 are located in the middle WAY down is a pain to bend every time. Not only that but the hooks themselves are too wide and too short. Weber builds grills for a living it should be second nature to design it. Look how low the hooks are located.1BE9A823-42D9-4873-9FEE-FE34F62CE89B.jpeg

Last edited:
I understand the idea to have the hooks directly on the cart however, instead of the tables. This way, you can fold up the tables and not have remove and find another place to store the tools. Maybe having the hooks come directly off the front leg frame of the grill would be better.

Yeah, I have an almost identical design cart but which works for the Q2200 and CharQ as you just set them in it. I don't like the tool hook setup either, but I still like the overall appearance.

Thats what I did yesterday with that 3M stuff, will see how it works in the long run.

Attachments

• E049C94F-5332-4841-834B-A38C6938FCC4.jpeg
    E049C94F-5332-4841-834B-A38C6938FCC4.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 36
  • CF8FB44E-3A40-4853-AE88-61AC3048784F.jpeg
    CF8FB44E-3A40-4853-AE88-61AC3048784F.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 36
I agree those plastic tabs on the cart or very low and do not hold tools very well.

I wonder if the Weber steel tool holder for Weber kettle, would work if modded to fit a little higher on the cart ( just below the Weber logo above the plastic tool holder).
I was thinking straighten out the metal tabs that would normally sit over the kettle, use them to slide in the curved part of the cart above the front apron below the logo.

I have an extra one at home that I may try this with.

Attachments

• Kettle tool holder 2.jpg
    Kettle tool holder 2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
  • weber-grilling-sets-7401.jpg
    weber-grilling-sets-7401.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
You might even be able to get that to fit on the top edge of the cook box on a Q grill.

The hooks on the 3200 are located in the middle WAY down is a pain to bend every time. Not only that but the hooks themselves are too wide and too short. Weber builds grills for a living it should be second nature to design it. Look how low the hooks are located.View attachment 2558
Yes way better on the 320, Weber should have gone with both if they felt people needed the front hooks.

Yes way better on the 320, Weber should have gone with both if they felt people needed the front hooks.

Bruno,
If you look at the very first picture on this thread. Can you see the small metal rod laying on top of the warming rack? Any idea what that is?

Kyle that metal rod goes in the handle on each side to hold the handles together so that the flip out tables don't pop out.

Kyle that metal rod goes in the handle on each side to hold the handles together so that the flip out tables don't pop out.
Can you explain that differently, I'm not really following that... The side tables seem to be pretty fixed on this grill unlike the side tables on the Q200 that just flip up and down and store under the lid.

I know you can flip these side tables down....is that metal bar supposed to keep that from happening? Assuming there should be 2 then, one for each side?

Back