Exclusive drawing for Forum Members: Meater wireless smart meat thermometer

Would you like win this Meater wireless smart meat thermometer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
So here's the dealio...I've got a first-generation Meater smart meat thermometer that I've used twice. I didn't find it particularly easy to use, but maybe that's just me. It's sitting in my office closet gathering dust, which is a waste. Would you like to give it a try? Let's give it to someone who will put it to use!

In order to operate it, you need to download an app to your smartphone.

I'll collect names of interested folks via a poll (see above 👆), just answer Yes to indicate your interest. I'll draw a name in 7 days.

Best,
Chris

IMG_3959[1].JPG

IMG_3960[1].JPG

IMG_3962[1].JPG

IMG_3961[1].JPG

Got a chance to try out the Meater today on 10lb Costco spiral cut ham for Easter
Neater ran about 10degF hotter than the Signals probe which was inserted a bit deeper. Only issue is the Bluetooth drops unless the phone is right next to the smoker--that and my old cell phone battery dies in 2hrs using Bluetooth. Followed Malcomb Reed's Blues Hogs Raspberry Chipolte/Apple Jelly glaze--came out great --highly recommend it. Sorry no pics of the sliced/ plated ham Screenshot_2022-04-17-12-23-39.png
0417221444.jpg

What I do is sync the Meater with a cheap android tablet which I leave close to the grill.

The tablet stays connected as it is close, and If I want to see details on my phone, I connect via their cloud system.

I have also noticed the Meater measures about 5 degrees cooler than my TW Smoke meat probes and my TW thermapen.

Back