EX6 is put together, lets start testing.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Took me an hour and 3 beers to put it together by myself, flipping it back on it’s legs was the hardest part.

My initial thoughts..
It’s a beast, the box was huge and the EX6 is a monster.
Well built and easy to put together, some of the things I watched guys struggle with seemed like no brainers.

Quality looks great to me. Pretty much exactly what I expected.

Casters are better in person, it moves just fine.

Going to plug her in and update firmware.

Last edited:
F12858FE-32D7-41D4-9BE7-0871D2B91F90.jpeg7F0FAB68-78D5-47EA-803A-E8CD2AF980CD.jpeg

Attachments

• 9A2EC602-AF18-4AB7-B8CA-179BA996215D.jpeg
    9A2EC602-AF18-4AB7-B8CA-179BA996215D.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Software say 20 minutes to update and then I’ll do a cook off and then sausages for dinner. Simple start.

Software update completed, shut it off, turned back on like it says. It is still telling me to update software but when I press the button nothing happens.

Moving forward and starting the 600 degree 40 minute burn off.

Stormed up to 600, going to run it for 30 minutes and restart at 5pm with some sausages.

Do you have to accept the software update before you can fire the grill for the first time? I wonder if it shipped with software that was stable and it's this initial update that's buggy?

Do you have to accept the software update before you can fire the grill for the first time? I wonder if it shipped with software that was stable and it's this initial update that's buggy?
I updated once and it said update completed, now it says update is available but I can’t get it to run that update.

so far the 600 cook off is complete and I’ve put sausages on at 350 because we are a little pressed for time.

Keeping it super simple on day one. So far it’s been a good day.
This thing is a beauty and I’m pretty happy.

Obviously this will have to get worked out, it says it’s at temp at 350 and the smoke says 300. The smoke is catching up though, at 320 now, be interesting to see if they both level out at 350.

So it mad quick work of the sausage, as a grill this thing could be insane.
it was hotter in the right side for sure, but I have 4 probes and will do some testing.
Im putting on a pork shoulder or brisket Friday. So let’s see how that goes.

Awesome man. I'm glad you took the plunge. I have an older BBQ Stoker with like four probes I was thinking about firing up just to test out the temperatures, while using the Smoke to test the upper shelf. We may have to compare notes.

Still running a set point of 350? Making me hungry, but I did toss the rest of the ribs I made this weekend into the Smokefire at 325 degrees with some ACV and water within the foil. They may not be great, but edible. Those sausages look wayyyy better!

Mine had some serious flames coming out the right side as well during the initial burn in.

Back