EX6 is due to arrive in a few hours, what to do?

What should I do?

• Put it together and try to smoke these sausages I bought.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Return it unused and try to find the best pellet smoker under $2,000.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
I would do neither of your choices, since I don't need a pellet pooper right now. I'd return it and give Weber more time to work out the problems. If in a few months, there's still problems, I'd go shopping for another brand.

Tough position to be in , however. Not enough info , at the moment.

I'm also curious what the reaction from our members would be. If it were me if check the return policy. If I could return it after using it but not being satisfied I would probably put it together and have a go at it. But with everything so far I'd kinda be afraid at this point if I could take it back for not working after using it.

It seems like people are figuring out some of the issues. However the hopper design would worry me given it seems to need a little babysitting. I would imagine that would foul up any longer overnight cooks if you had to go out and shake it every one or two hours.

If Weber designed a new hopper, how difficult would it be to replace ? Is it just bolted on ? If that's the worse thing I had to deal with, it would not bother me.

Really depends on the return policy not sure I would take a chance at this point unless you were certain after using it they would take it back. Wait a few months and let the dust settle see what Weber comes up with.

I would take back my vote on find the best smoker under 2k not sure how to do that but like I said above let them get the kinks out if you really have your heart set on it then make a decision.

Last edited:
That's a tuff choice. Now that they are available in the stores I would return it and wait and see how this turns out. If Weber comes up with a fix the big question would be did they fix the new ones sitting at the stores.
Hope it works out for you.

Really depends on the return policy not sure I would take a chance at this point unless you were certain after using it they would take it back. Wait a few months and let the dust settle see what Weber comes up with.
/QUOTE]
Agree, I out my gift cards in the drawer and I'll be patient for Weber's response. Hopefully they release an updated version with a few hardware adjustments and the much needed software revisions.

I chose for you to put it together and give it a run. I think someone else already returned their grill with no problem. But, might be a good idea to check.
However, even if I returned it unopened, I wouldn't go out and buy another pellet grill right now. I would wait until about May or so and see how things go. If the early scare dies down or Weber makes meaningful changes and the rollout gets smoother, then look for one early this summer.

Well Amazon tells me I can return with or without the box for 30 days.
I am going to put it together and go for it.

I have a couple things going for me that I think can end up giving us all a good amount of info.
I am a pipefitter with 25 years in the trade, a nice collection of tools and the ability to use them. I also am a tech geek and upgraded to fiber optic internet and a new router and modem in anticipation of the grill. I solve problems for a living so let’s see what this thing is all about.
It’s hard to take these YouTube guy’s seriously when one of them kept ignoring the instructions.

Seems to be to many BUGS. I would wait until Weber works them out. At this point YouTube will be your best friend to find out how this cooker is progressing and of course our members who have invested in a unit.
I wish you the best
Bill

Back