Emulsified sausages, tasso, and buckboard

Dave from Denver

TVWBB Wizard
Emulsified sausage - this is weisswurst in sheep casings. Used some inspiration from Ruhlman & Polcyn to riff on Len Poli's weisswurst recipe. No photos of the process as I was trying to work really fast but I ground meat and fat twice, re-chilled then emulsified with ice cold heavy cream and milk powder on high speed (10) in my kitchen aid bowl, in 2 batches.

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

Texture is great, and they're amazing with pancakes (or by themselves really).

IMG_2766.jpg

Homemade tasso ham and buckboard bacon thanks to J. Biesinger's stellar post

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

Took some diced tasso to make white beans with jalapenos and tasso, served with rice and cilantro parsley lime sour cream.

IMG_2771.jpg

Veal and pork butt and pork fat, mustard powder, onion powder, sugar, lemon zest, white pepper, fresh italian parsley and powdered ginger.

Awesome. Tasso and buckboard are both on my list, but I haven't been able to find pork butt for a month or more.

Those sausages look good. I was reading that recipe in Charcuterie. I keep thinking about having the Weisswurst with a pretzel, sweet mustard, and a German beer.

Those sausages just made me buy a stuffer that I had been on the fence on, if i was really going to try my hand at sausages. well now i am! those look amazing!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Homemade tasso ham and buckboard bacon thanks to J. Biesinger's stellar post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the love!

the weisswurst looks awesome. one of these days I got to get over my fear of emulsified sausages

Back