Emailers Not Taking Me To The Latest Postings

Rusty James

TVWBB Emerald Member
Whenever I click on a message link inside an email, I am taken to the first post in the thread instead of directing me to the most recent unread post.

Is this a forum default, and is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
Here's my understanding of where the links go in the Watch email notification. In the case of this example, if you wanted to see the first unread post since your last visit, you would click the title "Dave's Smokefire EX6 Experiences".

watch-email-links.jpg

One important difference between Subscriptions in vBulletin and Watched threads in XenForo is the sentence at the end that says:

You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

XenForo only sends notifications for threads that you're actually looking at. It assumes that if you're getting a notice but not looking at the thread, maybe you're no longer interested in the thread. You have to prove your interest by opening the thread before it starts sending you notices again.

Not everyone likes this "feature", there is some negative discussion about it on the XenForo support forum.

Thanks for the detailed image. I posted some more info at Weber Family Portraits pertaining to this issue.

Back