Dry age rub eye's

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
After we saw Bill Schultz's post on dry ageing meat we had to give it a try. Last week the wife picked up some nice rib eye's from the local meat place. Dry aged them for 5 days. So Bill do these look right?
After they sat out for a hour we seasoned them up. The one on the left is S&P with tatonka dust. My new favorite rub. Anybody else use this rub? The other on is S&P with Montreal steak season. On to the grill with baked potatoes and baked beans with brown sugar. bacon, onion, ketchup & mustard. Threw in some green chilies for extra flavor. The old grill goats favorite beans.
After indirecting the steaks for 15-20 mins, seared the steaks. All is looking well.

Well what do you think Bill? the steak had excellent flavor I just got them a little too done. But after all I was watching 2 HD wide screens and keeping up with 4 afternoon NFL great games.
All in all, great grill. Will remember dry age steaks cook a 3rd faster. Hope you all enjoyed your Sunday afternoon.
Russ & Deb

I'm glad you gave it a shot Russ, they do cook faster as a lot of the water thats in them is gone. I hope the taste was there for you, I usually cook mine medium rare. Never tried to do them more than that, and never tried doing indirect first. The plate looks great.

Russ that looks great !! Gotta say this.. I need some more pics of the interior of that house!! That fire place looks pretty cool! All looks great!

Russ I do see one problem with your cook, and please forgive me for adding my two cents. Yes one thing is missing to make this meal complete....ME!! Looks great Russ!

Back