Downsizing maybe??

Cee El

TVWBB Super Fan
So I was thinking about selling all my grills except one, a 1996 Genesis that was supposed to be a full-on rehab project, but my attention waned once I painted the firebox and changed the burners, Flavorizer bars, and the igniter. The last time I used it, it went up in flames from some really greasy hamburger meat I was using, and I haven’t used it since. That was around Labor Day, probably. I own a Classic PK grill (silver) that I’m on the fence about, a Char Broil Kamander similar to the Akorn, and a Pit Boss 700 FB pellet grill. I figured about $200 a piece. All are less than a year old and two have been covered most of the time. I also think that once they are gone, I’m probably gonna buy a $99 Weber to go along with the gasser, and call it a day. Anyone else here ever just wiped the slate clean and started over? What’s the downside of Grill Acquisition Fever? I’ve owned and cooked on so much stuff in the past few years, I feel like I should be a much better cook than I currently am. Plus my yard would look so much better (in my wife’s voice) lol! Thanks for reading.

Cee in SC

No!

Let me buy you one of these :)

Starbucks Unveils $7 Wake-Up Slap
wpl63isbgcmtajhkjjgh.jpg

https://www.theonion.com/starbucks-unveils-7-wake-up-slap-1819580082

Just kidding of course.

I have eight grills and smokers all Weber's. I've learned that the Weber disease isn't curable you must have more and I'm always on the prowl for another. But my better half has applied the brakes and I'm good with that. I think this summer I'm going to cull the heard and get it down to the few I really use.
Most likely my NG genesis 320 which I use a lot. The performer which is the best charcoal grill I've ever owned. Either the 14.5 mini or the 18.5 WSM, most likely the 18.5 WSM and my 1999 Genesis 1000 now a 2000 which I bought new and I will always keep it.

For sure the red head genesis 1000 will go it's already on CL. The JJ and the 14.5 mini will go. I'm up in the air on the kettle gasser as it's a great no hassle chicken cooker.

Wish you luck in your decision.

Man, I saw the thread title and it flashed me back to the corporate mess I managed to escape from. Hate that word. Haven't considered reducing my Weber inventory. I manage to use them all and enjoy doing so.

I'm holding on to all 7 of my Weber's until space becomes an issue, I don't see space being a problem for a long time.

I'd love to have one of those pk grills, but I don't love the price tag. I saw some guy selling one locally for super cheap and didn't jump on it fast enough. The 2 grills I couldn't part with are my 22.5 Kettle and my 22.5 WSM, but I love them all.

If you sell them all like that, sooner or later you will buy more to replace them..........?

Back