Don't call the Fire Dept, Its just your neighbor starting his kettle!

I have one also. She calls complaining I'm burning leaves when I'm just smoking BBQ.
I was doing laundry one cold morning and steam was coming out of the stink stack ( vent ) on the roof.
FD showed up and said your neighbor called and said your house is on fire.

Hi Joe, I light my grill by pushing a button but welcome to the forum! I think it's nice that someone would go out of their way to check on you anyways.

There is so much smoke coming out of our pellet grill, it's a wonder I haven't gotten another call from the neighbors. We got a call a while back from a chimney of charcoal, so maybe they are aware. Also, one of my neighbors a couple of houses down cooks on his grill in the front yard, so...

But I am thankful and grateful to have neighbors who watch out for each other!! Be sure to thank them when they call!

I have one also. She calls complaining I'm burning leaves when I'm just smoking BBQ.
I was doing laundry one cold morning and steam was coming out of the stink stack ( vent ) on the roof.
FD showed up and said your neighbor called and said your house is on fire.
KARENS! We all got one in our neighborhoods
Neighbors on both sides of us do a lot of BBQ too so the only calls I get are asking, "What's on the menu?" Guessing if my house was burning down, the fire dept. wouldn't get a call unless they saw flames or smelled shingles burning :)
There is so much smoke coming out of our pellet grill, it's a wonder I haven't gotten another call from the neighbors. We got a call a while back from a chimney of charcoal, so maybe they are aware. Also, one of my neighbors a couple of houses down cooks on his grill in the front yard, so...

But I am thankful and grateful to have neighbors who watch out for each other!! Be sure to thank them when they call!
Yeah its not the residents next door its the contractors that do work for them. I do appreciate the Warnings ho. Now if my house is really on fire I guess Im screwed!

: )

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I'd just lit a couple of baskets on the performer when a neighbor about came over the wall yelling, "FIRE! FIRE! HEY WHAT'S GOING ON?!?" lol.
I calmly told him "no, bbq".
In his defense, it was near sunset & he probably saw smoke being lit up as it went above my roof...

Similar issue here with all the "Karens". We're allowed to burn leaves. While allowed I typically avoid it not anything to do with health but with how much work it is. Far easier for me to climb on the Kubota with it's Predator chopping blades and go to outlaw it. If you hate it so badly DON'T MOVE HERE. Just infuriates me

I have Man-Bun Ken & Quinoa Karen next door that don't like me firing up the grill. I get withering looks. But my "Mum-stare" freaks them out, and they don't say anything.
Get used to it Ken & Karen. And while you're at it, get that clapped-out jalopy you ride about in fit for the road!
:mad:

We don't have any Karen neighbors in our main apartment home, nor around our vacation home. As a courtesy, before I grill at the apartment, I WhatsApp the building group to let our neighbors know there might be smoke coming their way.

As for the vacation home, neighbors will become suspicious if you DON'T grill often enough!

I have a bit of a busybody next door, but, she and her brother are using old fashioned fluid starter, they don’t seem to understand anything about finesse.

I have a bit of a busybody next door, but, she and her brother are using old fashioned fluid starter, they don’t seem to understand anything about finesse.
Quite a lot of people have used starter fluid over the years. That's what my dad did to get charcoal going, never had any kind of chimney. I might admit to doing that once or twice in my life as well.
If you've actually got the time to let it get hot and burn all the fluid off I suppose it's okay. I've tasted food before that did not do that.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I grew up on it until my dad saw some guy cut both ends out a a tomato juice can and punch holed in the side with a can opener. I’m not dead yet. Does it work? Yep, do YOU light your smoker with it and throw fish on before the whiff of benzene has left the air? I doubt that. That‘s where finesse come in.
I’m like Hank Snow…”I’m moving on”

Back