Dog Star rescue fundraiser = BBQ and beer

Eric Michaud

TVWBB Super Fan
As some of you may know I have 2 passions in life, BBQ and dogs. I am proud to say I am a founding member of Dog Star rescue in Connecticut and October 10th we will have our 2nd annual Bark n Brew fundraiser at Hooker brewing in Bloomfield, CT from 6-9. $30 in advance, $35 at the door. We will be serving pulled pork sandwiches with smoked mac n cheese and baked beans, bottomless beer samples.

Having grown up in the restaurant biz and my BBQ obsession its only right that I am in charge of food. Can't wait for this event, I will be doing 16 butts on 4 WSM's (one borrowed). Lat year a local smokehouse offered to smoke the butts, all I had to do was supply the meat and prep. He smoked it and actually let me use his altoshaam the night of the event which was an incredible gesture, those bad boys run around $6000.

Anyway if you are in Connecticut I would love to see some of my BBQ family. Thank you for taking the time to read this, DSR is part of my life and never shy to let people know how important it ito me.

I wish you the best for your fundraiser for the dogs. If there is pulled pork leftover do the dogs get to eat it? Sometimes mine will sit by the smoker cause he seems
to know something good is coming soon.

Wishing for a big turnout and a great time by all Eric.
I checked out the Dog Star Rescue website and made a donation, hopefully others will too.

Chris A, hope you don't mind me linking to DSR, please edit if it doesn't follow forum guidelines.
http://www.dogstarrescue.org/

Last edited:
Best wishes for your upcoming event. Barb and I are members of the United Animal Friends here in central Arizona. We foster and help out at events.
Of course we fostered an 18 month old Golden Retriever/Husky/Coyote mix and ended up adopting her, I knew that was going to happen sooner or later:rolleyes:

just a follow up. We had our event Saturday night, started the process Friday. Had a few obstacles to deal with but seriously nailed it. A ton of work but it came out as well as I could have hoped. We had about 320 people show up and everyone got fed and the reviews were awesome. I am posting all the pics in the "photos" section.

Back