Do we have names for the different Weber wheel styles?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
So we have "whitewall":

61YDIAO48xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm calling this "whitewall asterisk", but what does everyone else call this style?

51SEPYnJ52L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

What do we call this style of Genesis II wheel?

grill-parts-67445.jpg

How about these charcoal wheels...what do we call this style? Hubcap?

grill-parts-65144.jpg

What do we call this style of wheel? Blackwall?

grill-parts-65436.jpg

I think I had been calling the second ones "Star wheels". But Asterisk might be a better name.

I've seen them referred to as "flower", too!

Don't forget there is an even earlier "whitewall" from the very first Genesis grills. Maybe we can call those "Gen 1 Whitewalls."

I will try to post a picture tomorrow if someone else doesn't do it first.

Yes, I've seen those old whitewalls, some called "pinstriped", very much like a car whitewall tire with no letter on a hard rubber wheel.

Untitled-1.jpg

I also found another variation of the hubcap wheel...a slotted hubcap?

63780.png

I've seen them referred to as "flower", too!

Don't forget there is an even earlier "whitewall" from the very first Genesis grills. Maybe we can call those "Gen 1 Whitewalls."

I will try to post a picture tomorrow if someone else doesn't do it first.
How 'bout we call them "Daisy wheels"? But there's the wheel part itself, kind of a "Cragar" or "Mag" style of wheel vs a spiny wheel.

EDIT: But yeah, let's post it up!

I know some of the Q grills have some different style wheels as well. But they may have been posted already.

Yes, I've seen those old whitewalls, some called "pinstriped", very much like a car whitewall tire with no letter on a hard rubber wheel.

View attachment 16473

I also found another variation of the hubcap wheel...a slotted hubcap?

View attachment 16474

I didn’t even think of those old kettle wheels with the painted white walls, and I even have an old kettle with those.

The kind I was referring to was the plastic wheels on the first Genesis that have the white wall close to the edge. As promised, I will post a picture soon.

What should we call these wheels (other than cool) from a 56’ kettle?

Attachments

• 83AA53B4-0A60-4C0C-9880-08B84B56AE9E.png
    83AA53B4-0A60-4C0C-9880-08B84B56AE9E.png
    706.9 KB · Views: 6

Back