Dimensions of assembled E-310 Sidewinder

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
Do you any of you know the height and width of an assembled Genesis E-310 sidewinder, circa 2008-2009?
Mine is completely disassembled, I have an idea of the size, but I'm trying to figure out if a fully assembled one would fit into my father's wheelchair accessible van.
I have the chance to get one for next to nothing and would rather roll it in and out of his van rather than taking it all apart before being able to fit into the back of my midsize SUV.

Also, if I do have to go the disassembly route, any tips on how to break it down in as few steps as possible (speed being the main objective)? Thinking some of you might be pros at a quick disassembly by now.

Kyle,
I realized that I failed to answer your message about this. I have a front burner 300 series grill in my shop that I can try to measure. It is virtually the same as your earlier one.

Regarding disassembly: The easiest fix I know is to remove the hood. In a full size van that would probably be all you need to do. In an old Chrysler minivan with all the seats down I was able to slide one in laying down and sideways with only the hood removed. The big question is whether your hood pins are frozen. That can change it into a nightmare.

After that with a good deal more effort you can separate the firebox from the chassis. That would probably not fit with your get in and out quick goal.

Kyle,
I realized that I failed to answer your message about this. I have a front burner 300 series grill in my shop that I can try to measure. It is virtually the same as your earlier one.

Regarding disassembly: The easiest fix I know is to remove the hood. In a full size van that would probably be all you need to do. In an old Chrysler minivan with all the seats down I was able to slide one in laying down and sideways with only the hood removed. The big question is whether your hood pins are frozen. That can change it into a nightmare.

We have a Toyota Sienna and I was able to fit it in on its back sideways with the lid on it. But the second row was folded forward. One of the hood pins was frozen and would not budge. This was my only choice to haul it.
Frozen pins seems to be common on these. I had the same issue with a second sidewinder. But in this case I had a trailer to haul it. If you have a hitch you can get a U-haul trailer for about $20 for a day. Fold down the tailgate and roll it on the trailer.

Looks like I have around 40" of room to slide the grill in the back of my SUV, so hopefully I'll have that if I remove the lid.
If that doesn't work I'll pull the casters off.
If I get it, I'll post pictures. Appears to be a nice mostly rust free stainless steel sidewinder.

My first one back in 2007 fit on it's back in my Mercury Sable wagon. The last two I bought fit in the trunk of my 2008 Sable sedan with the lid removed and the rear seats tilted forward. Of course all loose parts grates, bars were removed along with the lid.

Glad I got my full size truck. I am still waiting for that 8 burner Veiluxe to show up as a curb alert before I start worrying about dimensions.

Got her loaded up and headed home!

Free stainless steel sidewinder! Bottom cabinet looks really good too. Has stainless steel flavor bars and grates :)

I'll take pictures later and post

Kyle:
Glad it worked out for you! I don't like the SS lids. First thing I'd do would be to switch that lid for your current project lid. Would look pretty spiffy with the SS doors. You now definitely know where to check for rust to get ahead of it.

Wasn't expecting to bring home this S310, seems like free never ends up being free...but this time it worked out for me. I just happened to be on FB when this lady posted about wanting to get rid of this grill. She said they just bought a house and the old owners left the grill there. The husband already had a BGE and didn't want to keep this one.

Here are the picture from FB

GTSefBG.png

3CuzfHw.png

It even came with a full propane bottle, an old cover, some Weber cleaner, some scrubbing pads and a few BBQ tools.

0gCm8Q0.jpg

XPYhsWH.jpg

4Z768sU.jpg

Will post more pictures next post...

Some pictures of it back home. the stainless steel sides aren't in the best shape. So I think I'll actually swap in the sides from my original E310.

Dan,
I didn't think about swapping my hood for the SS one, but that is actually a really good idea. Especially since I just cleaned the old colored one.

This grill still has some of the blue protective tape on it from when it was originally shipped. Strange the old owner never removed.

YRKHdnn.jpg

sK2YMvK.jpg

raJWUP4.jpg

O7kuO6V.jpg

EHXRVOL.jpg

2h0ca3q.jpg

Grill really just needs a good cleaning. It all seems pretty solid, including the burner tubes. Looks like I'll be able to get this bad boy up and running for the Super Bowl!
There is a little bit of rust on the propane tank scale, but nothing too bad. There is also a small amount in the bottom pan in the left vent area....at some point I'm going to remove the bottom panel and sand, rust converter/prime and paint it before the rust gets any worse.

I'm still going to complete my rehab soon my other Genesis, but obviously am not in a big of a hurry.

Last edited:
Kyle:
That's a 2008,'09,or '10 since it has the newer style igniter that has the electrode on the front burner tube. You might try registering it too online if it has legible serial numbers. One never knows when you might need parts for this one or your project grill.

Kyle:
That's a 2008,'09,or '10 since it has the newer style igniter that has the electrode on the front burner tube. You might try registering it too online if it has legible serial numbers. One never knows when you might need parts for this one or your project grill.

The ignitor needs to be replaced on this grill. I bought a new one for my other 310, hoping it'll work on this one since I never installed it.

Do you think Weber cares how many grills are registered under one person's account?
I've got 4 registered already. Guess they shouldn't really care right?

No you can register as many as you want as long as the grill wasn't already registered by a prior owner. I have a scad of them on my Weber registry. You can't ever remove them!

I don't think I have seen an un-restored lower cabinet as nice as that one. This one makes up for that really difficult one you started with. You should be able to have one really nice grill soon!

Also should mention this, even though the lady giving this grill away was offering for free, I told her I'd give her $40. When I first messaged her, she said I was 3rd in line. I guess the first two backed out. Anyways, her husband was the one to meet me to get the grill. I offered him the $40 and he said not to worry about it, that I was doing him a favor not having to deal with it any more.
I'm sure he looked at the inside of the hood and thought there was "chipping paint".

Back