Déjà Vu All Over Again

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I sold this green Silver B to a friend about a year ago. He came over and asked if I wanted to get it back, he just couldn’t get the hang of it. He wanted to get a little bigger charcoal grill than his Smokey Joe. Well I had a jumbo Joe I wasn’t using and when he saw it he asked about a trade. I said sure.
It’s in excellent condition, he said he only used it a few times.
It has new FBs and cast iron grates in excellent condition. He also gave me a new full bottle of propane and a brand new cover for it.
Clean up will take about an hour at the most.
Then in the spring I’ll list it on CL and see what happens.
Think I got the better end of this deal.

This is just how I got it, just a little dusty.

49329842647_6e70ff5ac3_z.jpg
[/url]100_5517 (1) by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Yep, looks great on the outside. A straight up trade for a Jumbo would be a great deal, I would think. Do you have to do a full rehab on the Jumbo before you make the trade or just clean it up good?

Yep, looks great on the outside. A straight up trade for a Jumbo would be a great deal, I would think. Do you have to do a full rehab on the Jumbo before you make the trade or just clean it up good?

You bet Bruce, took a four long days with 26 hours with the angle grinder and hour after hour of polishing the bowl and lid with 0000 steel wool and simple green, just about wore me out those JJs are just killers.:D:D:cool:

26 hours with the angle grinder on one grill? I will have to let my wife know that. She thinks I am nuts after 3-4 hours.

Heck; I paid $26 for a Jumbo Joe at Lowe's on clearance about 1 year ago (it's still untouched in the box... I already had one in use). I'd love to find a beauty B like yours.

You bet Bruce, took a four long days with 26 hours with the angle grinder and hour after hour of polishing the bowl and lid with 0000 steel wool and simple green, just about wore me out those JJs are just killers.:D:D:cool:

AXecAl8.png

That's a good one, Rich!

Heck; I paid $26 for a Jumbo Joe at Lowe's on clearance about 1 year ago (it's still untouched in the box... I already had one in use). I'd love to find a beauty B like yours.

I bought one of those at Lowes, too. I put a fold up grate I got at Target on their clearance deal and a sharp, replica wood handle on it. Never could bring myself to use it. It was too big to keep as a display item so I flipped it for a profit when the potential buyer's wife said, "I want it!":D

Back