Curious about this Kettle

Michael

TVWBB Fan
Hello everyone. I recently found this 22” kettle for free and picked it up. It has some hail damage but I knocked out the divots and it hold temp just fine.
I did get it cleaned really well, but did have to buy new grates and handles.

I am curious if anyone has knowledge on the lid/kettle.

It says Alaska Seafood, World’s Finest on it.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 73488A3E-CC78-4595-8C84-682CF3483235.jpeg
    73488A3E-CC78-4595-8C84-682CF3483235.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 48
  • ADB51259-F891-4944-90C4-16872D30E9D2.jpeg
    ADB51259-F891-4944-90C4-16872D30E9D2.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 47
  • EAC9D204-8D85-44AA-B726-21180BE1E3AF.jpeg
    EAC9D204-8D85-44AA-B726-21180BE1E3AF.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 47
Welcome to TVWBB, Michael. Weber makes these as promotional items for companies. I picked up a Corona beer kettle last year. Sometimes the logo is under the clear ceramic and can't be removed. Other times, like my Corona one, it comes right off with a razor scraper. Looks like your kettle has had a rough life. Rub some veggie oil on those bare spots to keep the rust from spreading.

Welcome to TVWBB, Michael. Weber makes these as promotional items for companies. I picked up a Corona beer kettle last year. Sometimes the logo is under the clear ceramic and can't be removed. Other times, like my Corona one, it comes right off with a razor scraper. Looks like your kettle has had a rough life. Rub some veggie oil on those bare spots to keep the rust from spreading.
Thanks for the veggie oil tip! I will do that today.

Hello everyone. I recently found this 22” kettle for free and picked it up. It has some hail damage but I knocked out the divots and it hold temp just fine.
I did get it cleaned really well, but did have to buy new grates and handles.

I am curious if anyone has knowledge on the lid/kettle.

It says Alaska Seafood, World’s Finest on it.

Thank you.
Since there is a ER stamped it should be ER: 1996. That grill is now 25 years old. Officially an antique!

The handles seem to have already been replaced. Original 1996 should be wood.
I like the logo, I would leave it on

Thanks. I did replace the handles. The top now has a wood one and as you can see the side is the new standard one. Replace isn’t the best word. When I picked it up, there were no handles at all.

Is it just me, or does the Alaska Seafood decal look a little not-quite-square to the handle? It makes me wonder if the decal was added later to a regular kettle.

Michael, does the bowl have the One-Touch system or does it have 3 "daisy wheel" vents?

Is it just me, or does the Alaska Seafood decal look a little not-quite-square to the handle? It makes me wonder if the decal was added later to a regular kettle.

Michael, does the bowl have the One-Touch system or does it have 3 "daisy wheel" vents?
Three daisies. Like the WSM. The top handle is jacked up.

It’s not pretty, but after cleaning it and getting new grates, it works well.

I will post some better pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 10

Back