Creole rub on brisket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

TVWBB Fan
I went to a bbq/chili cookoff today, and the guy was using some Creole Seasoning made by a company called "Delta Services" in Baton Rouge, LA. It came in 25lb bags. He just poured it on thick on the briskets and threw them on. His brisket was good. Has anyone ever heard of using Creole seasoning for a rub, and know how to order some of this 25lb bag stuff? He said it's $3/lb.

Russ
I don't know that rub, but I have other Creole seasonings that I have used and like them very much. They are normally on the hotter side of rubs
you would use but I like that.
Jim

Oddly enough, Albertson's supermarkets out here on the West Coast have a Cajun/Creole section on the Ethnic food aisle, and the sell several varieties of Konriko and Tony Cachere products.

I'm sure Tony Cachere's would work fine, too. The idea is just to start with something as a base and then customize with other ingredients.

Regards,
Chris

I use Cajun seasoning a lot! I use it on everything.

In my research, I find that most of these Cajun rubs are VERY close to the same. Here are several recipes for Cajun rubs.....

Actually, they are over in the Recipe section. These will save you lots of money.

Enjoy!

I have agree with Chris, use the creole/cajun seasoning as a base and build from there. I use a store bought creole seasoning and add to it for my turkey injecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back