Creamed Spinach

MichaelLC

TVWBB Pro
Made these with our standing rib roast. From Pioneer Woman who has lots of good info. Swapped in heavy cream, nuked spinach.

Ingredients

1 stick butter
8 tbsp. flour
1/2 whole medium onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 c. heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 pinch ground nutmeg
3 tbsp. butter
24 oz. weight baby spinach

1. Melt 1 stick of butter in a pot. Sprinkle in flour and whisk together. Cook over medium heat for five minutes or until light golden brown. Throw in onion and garlic and stir together, cooking for another minute. Pour in cream, whisking constantly, and cook for another five minutes while you cook the spinach.
  2. To cook spinach, fill glass casserole dish with batches of fresh spinach. Microwave on Low or Soften/Melt for 70 seconds. Add spinach and divided butter in increments into cream sauce until all incorporated and cook until wilted but not soggy.
  3. Season the cream sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg., Stir gently to combine. Serve immediately.

Last edited:
Thanks Michael, sounds good. Would you mind posting it in my "Eat your spice rack" thread under NUTMEG?

We always fix creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes when we have grilled ribeyes...heaven on earth right there 😋

Last edited:
I made a copy of this recipe before I realized I has already done that. BUT, today I realized that todays copy did not have the title of the recipe.
SOOOO, I am asking for those of us that do print out recipes from this site, when you post a recipe here, would you mind also typing the title again with the ingredients? THANK YOU!!!!! 🥰

Back