Craigslist FreeQ, how to determine model?

JBaker

TVWBB Super Fan
Trolling Craigslist yesterday I came across an offer for a free Weber Q, with cart and cover. Incredibly I was the first response to the ad and the kind gentleman offered to hold it for me until today.

Ran out this morning, picked it up

Overall excellent condition, needs minimal cleaning. He stated that the igniter was a recent replacement and maybe the burner. Also stated that it "doesn't seem to get as hot as when new".

I'm assuming this is a Q1000? I'm unable to find any serial # etc.

Going to be cleaning the driveway with a pressure washer in preparation to reseal it, will attack the Q too.

IMG_20210923_114106086_HDR.jpgIMG_20210923_114112688.jpgIMG_20210923_114155655_HDR.jpgIMG_20210923_114149164.jpg

Great find. But that looks like a Q200/2000. The legs are in the outer slots. Q100/1000 grills would use the inner slots on the stands.

I am pretty sure is that it is a Q200 specifically. Look for a data sticker under one of the fold out tables or on the back of the legs in the rear of the grill. That should tell you exactly what it is if you can find it.

It's a Q200. The ID tag would be under the left side table, or it could be on the back leg (my Q120 is on the back leg.) The ink washes off very easily.

20200922_145107.jpg

Here is a picture of a Q120 grate sitting on top of the Q200 grate. Note that it is smaller overall, there are fewer slots on either end and fewer grate bars.

20200913_121922.jpg

Nice score!

Last edited:
Also, the sticker with grill information SHOULD be affixed to the underside of one of the shelves (right one, I think.) That will also have your serial number, etc. That also looks like a 200 to me.... :)

R

What a nice pickup of a Q deserving of a rescue! You can also tell that it is a 200 rather than a 100 by the fact that it locks into the wider notches on that cart. By the way that simple cart is a good find, too!

Trolling Craigslist yesterday I came across an offer for a free Weber Q, with cart and cover. Incredibly I was the first response to the ad and the kind gentleman offered to hold it for me until today.

Ran out this morning, picked it up

Overall excellent condition, needs minimal cleaning. He stated that the igniter was a recent replacement and maybe the burner. Also stated that it "doesn't seem to get as hot as when new".

I'm assuming this is a Q1000? I'm unable to find any serial # etc.

Going to be cleaning the driveway with a pressure washer in preparation to reseal it, will attack the Q too.

View attachment 37680View attachment 37681View attachment 37683View attachment 37686
What will your first cook be?

Thanks for all the replies.

There is no tag/label under the side flippers, and nothing on the back legs. Maybe I'll just name it QAnon?

Bud ump bump.....sorry, bad joke there.

Gave it a spray of Simple Green, let it soak for a few minutes, then hit it with the pressure washer. Looks good. Haven't tried firing it up, and will probably wait until I do a better clean of the entire grill. Good winter project.

Came with an excellent condition original Weber drawstring cover also.

And some apologies are needed...I just realized there is a dedicated Q forum here on TVWBB.

Off to go down that rabbit hole. See all of you in a month or two?

Back