Cover for WSM 18 with hood hinge?

MichaelM

TVWBB Super Fan
The new-to-me 18.5 came with a cover that has seen it last days. It's stiff as a board and has a few small rips. It was a challenge to get on the smoker in its' current condition and now that I've added the hood hinge, it's darn near impossible.

The stock Weber covers are priced reasonably, but I don't know how they fit when new, or whether they will slide easily over the hood hinge. Feedback is appreciated, as are suggestions for alternative covers.

What are you using over your hood hinged 18.5??

Nice avatar buddy!
I think the stock cover should fit pretty well, no personal experience but, the hinge isn’t that big someone with more experience will chime in soon enough.

I’ve used the cover from a 22.5” Kettle.
I‘ve also used a local Marine Repair/Supply shop to make a custom cover using Sunbrella material. It was a bit pricey but I was able to have a different color other than Black.

I have used the stock cover on a 22 wsm with a hinge and it fits fine. Seems like my cover stretched a little a first to fit over the hinge when first installed.

I have the 18.5 WSM with the unknown BBQ hinge installed and use the stock weber cover. It fits fine and snug, just gotta pull it over the hinge and it goes down fine.

Nice avatar buddy!
I think the stock cover should fit pretty well, no personal experience but, the hinge isn’t that big someone with more experience will chime in soon enough.

LOL... I had some 'inspiration'.

I haven't tried the stock cover. It's really dry and stiff. I'll give it a shot, but it isn't long for this world.

I’ve used the cover from a 22.5” Kettle.
I‘ve also used a local Marine Repair/Supply shop to make a custom cover using Sunbrella material. It was a bit pricey but I was able to have a different color other than Black.

I thought about the 22's cover. Isn't it too long?? I had a Sunbrella cover made for my gasser... It's still usable but on its' last leg after more than 20 years. I paid a bloody fortune for it back then and shudder at the thought of what it would cost now..

I have the 18.5 WSM with the unknown BBQ hinge installed and use the stock weber cover. It fits fine and snug, just gotta pull it over the hinge and it goes down fine.

The price is reasonable enough, even if I decide to replace it at some point.

Tried the stock cover this morning... No Bueno.

Maybe it's just too dried out and lost all flexibility.

The new-to-me 18.5 came with a cover that has seen it last days. It's stiff as a board and has a few small rips. It was a challenge to get on the smoker in its' current condition and now that I've added the hood hinge, it's darn near impossible.

The stock Weber covers are priced reasonably, but I don't know how they fit when new, or whether they will slide easily over the hood hinge. Feedback is appreciated, as are suggestions for alternative covers.

Same problem here. I also have attached handles on outside of all 4 grate brackets. I haven't found anything fancy . Just use large Contractor size trash bags and run a bungie cord around the bottom to keep in place.

I opted for a cover from a 22 Kettle. It's little loose, and six inches short, but it works just fine

The stock cover still fits like a glove

Back