Costa Rican Lunch

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
Today Fired-up the Weber Performer Deluxe with Costa Rican Charcoal fitted with a SlowNSear Plus,SlowNSear Easy Spin Grate and DripNGriddle Pan in which I grllled two(2) very tasty Pork Chops,Char-Roasted Corn and some Costa Rican Pork Chorizo. My Costa Rican Wife also added a tasty green salad with some Costa Rican Avocados to this mix to add to the healthy side. Oh, the wife and I split the one Pork Chop and Chorizo and gave the other Pork Chop and Chorizo to one of our Costa Rican Neighbors. The corn was bought at last Sunday's Farmers Market and was really tasty!
IMG_0054.JPGIMG_0053.JPGIMG_0046.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, if that's lunch, I wonder what dinner looks like. Looks delicious Richard!

Cliff; thanx for the reply and I forgot we washed-it-down with some outstanding Canadian Moosehead Beer. That Weber Performer Deluxe is one sweet cooker fitted with a SlowNSear Plus,SlowNSear Easy Spin Grate and DripNGriddle Pan!

Last edited:
You should drop that first photo in the how to grill corn thread! Damn, that looks good!
[/QUOTE

J Grotz; Thanx for your comment;

First, soaked the corn in cold water for around 30 minutes.

Weber Performer Deluxe Temperature was around 400F when I placed the Aluminum Foiled-Wraped Corn which contained some butter and lemon pepper on direct heat turning-it around every 10 minutes for a total of around 40 minutes; then removed the foil to char-up the corn on direct heat until our liking which was around another 15 minutes. Please See the added photo which I edited a few minutes ago to my original post showing the Aluminum Foil Wrapped Corn.

Oh, I forgot to add I Brined the Pork Chops for 12 hours which produced a tasty and moist Chop. I am now in the habit to almost always Brine thick cuts of Pork and Chicken.

The Brine:

8 cups of water, 5 cloves of smashed garlic , 1/3 cup Sea Salt,1TBS Dried Black Ground Pepper, Splash of Coca Cola, 2 Bay Leaves, 1/3 cup sugar

Last edited:
N
Nice variety, Richard! What's Costa Rican chorizo like? Is it spicy?
Brad,
Nope; but you can buy spicy Costa Rican(Tico) Chorizo which is very tasty but not really spicy enough to my liking. I do miss the Mexican Style Chorizo in the good old USA. Many Costa Ricans, like-my-wife, do not like the really hot-stuff.
The Tico Chorizo pictured is from one of our neighborhood "Carneceria" which produces a very tasty if not spicy Chorizo. Most of the small local butcher shops have their own secret recipe which produces some outstanding Chorizos at a very nominal cost.

Last edited:
The size is so manageable! That looks like a seriously nice lunch!
Tim: Yep, it was a very Life-Is-Good Grilling Session as I did not include a photo of the 1/2 empty Argentine Chardonnay Wine Bottle on a side table. Argentine Wine is a big winner down-here.

Last edited:
Cliff; thanx for the reply and I forgot we washed-it-down with some Canadian Moosehead Beer. That Weber Performer Deluxe is one sweet cooker fitted with a SlowNSear Plus,SlowNSear Easy Spin Grate and DripNGriddle Pan!

Richard, Great looking lunch! I’ll be right over. 😋
And you can get Moosehead beer in Costa Rica. Wow! It was first brewed here in N.S. in 1867. The Oland family still has a brewery here but Moosehead is brewed at their N.B. Brewery now.

Richard, Great looking lunch! I’ll be right over. 😋
And you can get Moosehead beer in Costa Rica. Wow! It was first brewed here in N.S. in 1867. The Oland family still has a brewery here but Moosehead is brewed at their N.B. Brewery now.
Richard: My Weber Performer Deluxe in Costa Rica with A couple of it's favorite "PALS"! Thanx for your nice comments.IMG_0058.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Back