Corn Size Make a Difference

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
My Doctor recommended that I cut-back a little-bit on my BBQ Eating; so, If I cut a 3-4" Corn Cob in half wrapped in Aluminum foil before placing it on the grill will it be ready to eat in the same amount time as a not-cut 3-4" Corn Cob?? Also, will this be the same when grilling other types of Veggies that are cut-in-half? At yesterday's grilling session I placed the Corn Cob uncut on the grill and cut-it-in-half when it was fully cooked for the wife and I.

I am asking this somewhat silly question as I generally wrap most my veggies in aluminum foil before placing them on the charcoal grill, thus, I cannot see the progress when the veggies like corn are ready for consumption. Also, I occasionally cook corn-on-the-cob for 10-15 guests.

IME a un-cut corn cob wrapped in aluminum foil is ready-to-eat in around 30-40 minutes on my charcoal Weber Performer Deluxe.

If she thinks you should cut back then we have to wonder what or why. Maybe it is just a small diet suggestion.
Could be as simple as cutting salt out. Maybe less meat... less charred food. Or less charcoal inhalation.
Either way we want you to stay around for a long time so stay healthy.

If only I could listen to my own...

An ear of corn will take about the same length of time cut in half as if it was whole think about it, it’s a cylinder and it’s length isn’t going to be a big issue.
I might try pressing your doctor about specifically which BBQ menu items she wants you to reduce, I’m guessing she is thinking that you are consuming vast quantities of sweet sauces and two inch thick steaks constantly. I don’t think corn is anything that she would really be concerned with. Unless you are diabetic, too much corn throws my sugar out the window.

An ear of corn will take about the same length of time cut in half as if it was whole think about it, it’s a cylinder and it’s length isn’t going to be a big issue.
I might try pressing your doctor about specifically which BBQ menu items she wants you to reduce, I’m guessing she is thinking that you are consuming vast quantities of sweet sauces and two inch thick steaks constantly. I don’t think corn is anything that she would really be concerned with. Unless you are diabetic, too much corn throws my sugar out the window.
Tim: That's the "BBQ Scientific Advice" that I was searching for and also thanx to all that replied to this thread. Now, what do you recommend in Beer and Alcohol?;)

I see you have Moosehead available from some of your previous posts. I have not had one of those in ages, not available at my usual haunts. I’m fond of Fosters bitter and Labatts for normal beer, Fat tire is good too. There are lots of good beers pretty much everywhere.
As for other adult beverages, I’m back on the perfect Manhattan train for cooler weather, freezer vodka with a lemon twist, or gin and tonic.

Back