Control Panel Decals

MLimanti

I have always loved how easy it is to refurbish the older porcelain control panel covers, but with more and more I see being stainless steel with the decals all but gone, is there anywhere to source new decals ? Currently working on an 09 Spirit E-310 which will be like new except for these decals.

Appreciate any help or direction. Thanks

Unfortunately, I think that the lettering on those stainless Weber grills is more like painted on. I don’t think there is any fix but to buy a new entire panel 🤨 or find an artist who can repaint.

This is another great reason to treasure classic Webers like my 1st generation, 25-year old Summit:

A89C40B5-022F-4939-8A28-5F81899E71B5.jpeg

A picture of the control panel may be helpful for ideas, but I believe what Jon said above is pretty accurate. Another choice may be to cut the markings out of a vinyl sticker material, or have decals made from photographs of the intact markings.

I believe they are silkscreened enamel then fired on the old ones.
I’m considering making a stainless steel one and having the thing laser engraved when I have the scale index engraved on the leg! I’ll let everyone know when that happen, if I live that long!

Definitely "don't make them like they used to"

I think I am going to try vinyl and see how it comes out.

Thanks for the response
Do look at the option of having a magnetic sticker made that you can peal off when you clean and then put back on. It's not a big deal for printers to make those.

Back