C'mon guys...let's see your spare Weber parts

Jeff MA

TVWBB All-Star
On vacation and I wanted to start the restoration of my Genesis 5000 but with the heat being over 90+ for the last 5 days (and continuing through Thursday), it's not a good time to be out in the elements.

So I decided to grab several pics of my "spare" Weber items I've amassed over the past couple of years.

a5hceZF.jpg

Spare cook box, set of end caps, 2 sets of stainless cooking grates, set of burner tubes, two-5 piece sets of Flavorized bars, one-13 piece set of Flavorizer bars.

rWwGswm.jpg

Brown lid, 2 wooden handles, drip rail brackets, two Fourney frame tubes, shelf brackets, RCplanebuyer Stainless shelf brackets-these are sweet.

BWJyVhF.jpg

4 wheel casters, New Burner tubes, 2 igniters, frame cross bracket, more shelf brackets, shelf hinge brackets.

8oTnx2c.jpg

Summit wheel casters, control knobs, regulator hose, 4 brand new old-school wheels, tool holders, bracket plugs, and numerous small items.

RgCpqVR.jpg

Two sets of wooden shelves, 5 end caps, side wooden side shelf with hardware.

XZVY8jT.jpg

Many different paints/stripper/Prepsol.

There is also a bin drawer with clips/fasteners/screws/ etc that I could probably assemble 3-4 more grills.

I know I'm missing more items but that gives you a general idea of what I have to work with.

Let's see your Weber parts guys!

Jeff

I pretty much used up all my spares on the last two rehabs and what was left of the parts grill wasn't worth saving. Got a few small parts but not much else. Not going to do anymore rehabs as the early genesis grills are really hard to find around here. The silvers just aren't as popular as the early grills.
Although if I can find a skyline I'm going to do a killer custom similar to what Jon is doing, he is making a masterpiece.

Geeez, that is a lot of spare parts. Probably more than you would find in an Ace Hardware or Home Depot. It looks like you are all set to do a rehab or three without the need to go to the store or wait for parts to arrive.

Last edited:
LOL, that is the truth. I won't even begin to photo my "Stuff". It is so disorganized and spread out and jumbled that it would take me a day just to find everything and lay it all out. Chaos is the word.

LOL, that is the truth. I won't even begin to photo my "Stuff". It is so disorganized and spread out and jumbled that it would take me a day just to find everything and lay it all out. Chaos is the word.

Bruce, mine is too! I will be away over the 4th, but when I get back, I might have fun doing an updated photo shoot of my "Stuff!" Slowly making a small amount of progress, but not fast enough:(!

Jon

That is just a fantasy. If there were a brick and mortar store like that collection, I'd get one of the stupid cards you get when you go there a lot!

I pretty much used up all my spares on the last two rehabs and what was left of the parts grill wasn't worth saving. Got a few small parts but not much else. Not going to do anymore rehabs as the early genesis grills are really hard to find around here. The silvers just aren't as popular as the early grills.
Although if I can find a skyline I'm going to do a killer custom similar to what Jon is doing, he is making a masterpiece.

Rich,

I will be keeping my eyes open for a Skyline for you. I had to get my hood from New Jersey, so maybe you can get one from here in Florida:D! As you noted, they aren’t very common, at least down here. I kick myself that I let tax season get in the way of a cheap Skyline A that languished on OfferUp for a long time. It was all there, just needed a lot of elbow grease. Of course, all I needed was ANOTHER grill, but if I had known you were interested I would have asked you. I will be watching for you!

I havent seen one hit the CL or FB adds at all up here and I am only 3-4 hours from Chicago.

Jeff, I haven't gotten to the various boxes and containers of larger grill parts in my garage, but I "started" to organize my small parts.

QYcVM7L.jpg

Bruce,
Your small parts bin looks a lot like my Milwaukee parts organizer. Great minds think alike :rolleyes:

uUVh5vb.jpg

Jeff

Yah, I need to get some bigger ones now for things like caster wheels and such. I think I have an old tackle box or two.

Your Milwaukee rig looks a whole lot nicer than my cheap Flambeau organizers.

Bruce,
What I like about the Milwaukee is that the bins come out of the case so say... if I'm doing just frame assemble that day I pull out the individual bin with 1/4" bolts instead of lugging the whole box around.

I almost bought the Amazon Basic tool organized but this guys review sealed the deal for me-

"3.0 out of 5 starsBetter and cheaper than harbor freight’s but buy Milwaukee if you’re going to use the case daily.
April 4, 2018
Style Name: 10 Compartments|Verified Purchase
Maybe I’m spoiled because I’ve been buying the Milwaukee sorting cases and happened upon these. I figured for $10 why not try. Picked up 4 of them for about $10 more than ONE Milwaukee after taxes and a pretty delivery driver brought them to me in less than 24 hours.

The Milwaukee cases are $25. We have probably 30 sorter cases in the shop and when we build a commercial pressure washing trailer they get beat up, drug out, stepped on.. the big harbor freight cases are junk and MORE expensive than the Amazon cases.

The Milwaukee has a waterproof seal lid. The Amazon case doesn’t. The Amazon case has a fixed handle and when loaded down I imagine it will be somewhat awkward. The Milwaukee cases have a swing handle and opens up that space for more storage.

The Amazon cases lock together, but by the tiniest little plastic tooth as you can see in the picture. Milwaukee’s lock together with big fat tabs on a metal hinge pin. I locked 3 of the Amazon cases together and wasn’t confident the little teeth would survive under the empty weight.

The Amazon cases have 4 cheesy latches/sliders to open the case. Two big fat ones on the Milwaukee with the metal locking bar.

The Amazon cases came wastefully well packed in individual boxes. Milwaukee you buy just the case. No waste. The manufacturer ships these with a super annoying cellophane wrap over the clear plastic. Bonus points though.. it’s not nearly as annoying as the big sticker over the clear lid you’re trying to see into with the harbor freight cases.

Long story short, if you’re going to abuse the cases day in and day out $25 for the Milwaukee is worth it. It may seem like I was complaining above but I’m not. These are actually really good cases. A great start anyway. I hope amazon offers a tough Milwaukee clone in the future. They could get $18 a case out of me.

Great start. Little issues."

Home Depot has them on sale right now for $19.99

Jeff

Thanks for nothing Jeff. 6 in stock at my local HD. I suppose I can hide it from the wife. But if I get caught, you will be at fault.

I probably need three of them. :(

If you don't tell my Wife about me using the Swimming Pool to clean 15 years of crud off of a Thermoplastic table I will take full blame.:D

Jeff

How can I get the black knobs and rocker switch cover in black like Jon has on his Skyline and Bruce got on his last grill he picked up? Does Weber carry them?

Again maybe just wait for a donor grill to pop up on CL or FB. It seems the 2005 Silver B was one if not the only year and model of Genesis Silver b's that they used the black knobs on. That's the bad news. The good news is that in most areas, the cabinets on those grills are likely to be complete disasters and you can probably score one for cheap if it does pop up. But, if you do want to check with Weber, I could give you a serial number from my parted out grill to give to Weber.

Back