Christmas Eve dinner

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
Since it was just the 2 of us for dinner Christmas Eve, I picked up what was either a small 2-bone rib roast or a big 2-bone rib steak. I made an herb paste for it and cooked it indirectly over charcoal; I just didn't feel like setting up the rotisserie for such a relatively small piece of meat. We didn't do anything special with the sides, although I did grill one special event type of item.

RibRoastLobster20201224_1.jpg

RibRoastLobster20201224_2.jpg

RibRoastLobster20201224_3.jpg

RibRoastLobster20201224_4.jpg

RibRoastLobster20201224_5.jpg

RibRoastLobster20201224_6.jpg

I guess I need to start thinking about Valentine's Day now...

Man, this Covid lock down must be getting to me, is it Christmas Eve again already?!?! :)

That's a fantastic looking piece of meat (raw and cooked pics are excellent)......probably made that lobster tail feel badly about itself! ;)

My youngest has been cooking V-day dinner for my wife and I for a few years now. It's kind of fun.....we get dressed up, she makes up menus, etc. I'll drop the surf/turf hint, though. :)

R

Thanks, Rich! I probably could've shown the lobster a little more camera love...;)

Oh, and since you probably wondered but didn't ask: yes, this was Christmas Eve 2020.;)

My youngest has been cooking V-day dinner for my wife and I for a few years now. It's kind of fun.....we get dressed up, she makes up menus, etc. I'll drop the surf/turf hint, though. :)
Dad still foots the bill, though. Right?;)

Nice fancy meal!
We used to have fondue and Dungeness crab for Christmas Eve dinner every year. We changed to shrimp and grits a few years back. So I guess we are close to surf and turf!

Back