CHRIS AND EVERYONE........

Thank you, yes it turned out pretty good, even tho DH ..........

1. Forgot to buy green beans (we used mixed vegetables)
2. Forgot to make the stuffing.
3. Forgot to serve the whole cranberry sauce..
4. and made a last minute Pumpkin pie with a walnut crust that had been sitting around for a couple of months. (but turned out very good). So, we didn't eat dinner till after 7 PM.

BUT

Now when we have leftovers, we will add the above "forgot's" and it will be like a different meal. See, sometimes things do work out for the best.

So, how did everyone else's day go? And what time do you all eat Thanksgiving dinner?

Yesterday wasn't bad. Dinner was smoked prime rib (done just a bit more than I generally like,) mashed potatoes, roast Brussels sprouts with bacon, pecans & dried cherries and gougeres (Gruyere cheese puffs.) I thought the Brussels sprouts would hold in a small slow cooker, that was a mistake. I should have made the gougeres first, and the sprouts right at dinner. Finally made the right amount of mashed, no leftovers there. One slice of prime rib left that's going into hash over the weekend.

The day was spent with my g/f only, with the occasional texts from family members. She's been officially discharged from her oncology program, 6+ years cancer free after fighting through & off both colon cancer and liver cancer. Definitely something to be thankful for.

Thank you, yes it turned out pretty good, even tho DH ..........

1. Forgot to buy green beans (we used mixed vegetables)
2. Forgot to make the stuffing.
3. Forgot to serve the whole cranberry sauce..
4. and made a last minute Pumpkin pie with a walnut crust that had been sitting around for a couple of months. (but turned out very good). So, we didn't eat dinner till after 7 PM.

BUT

Now when we have leftovers, we will add the above "forgot's" and it will be like a different meal. See, sometimes things do work out for the best.

So, how did everyone else's day go? And what time do you all eat Thanksgiving dinner?
Joan, since our Thanksgiving is in October, yesterday we just had stuffed peppers that I pulled from the freezer and heated up. Essentially, leftovers. 😆

Nothing glorious like turkey with all the fixins. 🙁

713E71FA-6786-43DE-9CDF-01B822221F77.jpeg

Back