Chix and Shrooms

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So got me some Bone Sucking Sauce and a Tbsp of Sriracha and marinated Wings and Thighs

DSC_0086_zpss4cwr97f.jpg

Broccoli dressed in EVOO, Champagne Vinegar, Kosher and fresh ground. Going in the Bamboo Steamer Basket

DSC_0087_zpsy4cnpdtp.jpg

Chix basted with the sauce twice during the cook and just about done

DSC_0088_zpshjiarnfx.jpg

Shrooms on the grill next with EVOO Kosher and fresh ground. A splash of Parsley from the garden

DSC_0089_zpsbx8qrftr.jpg

On the table with some nice wine and bread

DSC_0090_zpsdcqffmaz.jpg

The Plate

DSC_0091_zpsw8z912uf.jpg

Thought you guys would like a shot I took with my new camera yesterday, Nikon D610

DSC_0038_zps0ct0cndj.jpg

All the cook looks great but for me the mushrooms are my favorite. Give me a plate of those and I would be a happy camper.

Looks great Bill. I love the color on the chicken. If I ever figure out how to use the Nikon D40 my dad gave me I'm going to be dangerous.

A solid no-nonsense weeknight meal, Bill. The Bone Suckin' Sauce enhanced with a little sriracha sounds like a flavor combination that would go nicely with chicken.

Last edited:
Nice food and nice pics. The D610 is a tasty piece of gear, and that B&W cloud pic is awesome.

not sure if you've seen this thread before, or even if it's helpful

:p

:confused:

:rolleyes:

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?55340-Food-Photography-Tips-and-Techniques-*****

Thanks Clint. I was intimidated when I received the camera. A couple months later I read the quick guide. It basically said, anyone can use this camera, just put it in auto mode. I have used it some and it takes great pictures. Right now we mostly use it to take photos of my 6 year old daughter in her various activity's. I'm going to study up on that thread. Sorry for the hijack Bill. Let's get back to drooling over your cook.

Wow nice chicken dinner Bill! Love mushrooms! Great photos too! I also have a D40 and have tried to take pics for a post with it but they turned out terrible!

That meal looks fantastic, Bill. Bone Sucking Sauce is awesome. Your b&w photo is beautiful, what lens did you use to shoot that pic? I recently switched up from a D40x to the D3300 which is still considered an entry level camera like the D40x was, but I'm very happy with it.

That meal looks fantastic, Bill. Bone Sucking Sauce is awesome. Your b&w photo is beautiful, what lens did you use to shoot that pic? I recently switched up from a D40x to the D3300 which is still considered an entry level camera like the D40x was, but I'm very happy with it.

Old manual AIS 24 mm on the 610 shot in monochrome with a red filter, Angie google Ken Rockwell and check his site out. One of my photog/camera Guru's and he loves his Nikon D40. Pull up his review of it and he talks all about his set up etc for the camera. I would not buy a lens or camera with out checking with Ken

WOW!!! Bill that looks so delicious just send a plate to Ariz. Love everything you did.

Back